Industrial Services Operative
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2952SO
- Sector: Industrial
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Jan 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Industrial Services Operative to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Industrial Services Team Leader, the role will encompass, but not be limited to, the industrial cleaning of various tanks, vessels, silos and pits for a large customer base.
Applications are invited from fully trained Operatives, however, consideration will also be given to candidates who may not hold HPWJ and Confined Space/Rescue certification if they can demonstrate other relevant experience in line with the role content, as detailed below:
• Store and operate Company equipment appropriate to the task and in line with operating and HSSEQ standards, identifying and reporting any defects and replenishing stock levels.
• Ensuring the quality of work meets the expectations of the business and customer requirements.
• Building effective relationships across the business, and continually seeking to improve operations and identify cost savings.
• In partnership with the HSSEQ department, ensure the continuous improvement of safety and environmental performance and compliance to all laws, regulations, industry standards/codes along with Company procedures and work instructions.
• Accurately completing all Company forms and associated documentation, ensuring information is logged and circulated, as applicable.
• Travelling to customer sites which will include periods of working away from home. A driving licence is therefore essential for the role.
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
• Solutions based, motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support. Commercially aware with relevant practical experienced.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, customers and vendors.
• Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and writing.
• Effective planning, organising and time-keeping skills.
• Works stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership, while a team contributor.
• Computer literate with well-developed IT skills across the Microsoft suite.
• Flexibility to undertake travel and work away from home.
• CCNSG Safety Passport or equivalent.
• HP Water Jetting Certificate.
• C&G Confined Space & Rescue.
• Extensive knowledge in the maintenance of HPWJ equipment and large industrial vacuum plants.
• Counterbalance Forklift 5-10T.
• IOSH Working Safety.
• HGV C&E Licence.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.