Industrial Researcher and Market Analyst
- Location: Diss
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3167SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 09th Feb 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Industrial Researcher and Market Analyst to join their team based in Suffolk on a full time, permanent basis.
There is a strategic plan in place for the Company to support the growth of its product sales to distributors and purchasers within its chosen market sectors. An Industrial Researcher & Market Analyst role has been created to support this growth and bring further market and competitor knowledge to the Company and the role forms an important part of the Company delivering its long-term strategic plan. The successful candidate will work with senior management to research, prepare and deliver valuable market positioning, technological trend knowledge and distributor, consultant engineer and end user buying preferences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To research and determine the Company’s position in the marketplace by researching competitive company’s marketing and sales methods, market technology trends and end user buying preferences.
• To gather together and analyse data from diverse sources to produce information, data and results about potential customers, competitors, and suppliers.
• To research and gather data to help the Company market its products and services and gain knowledge on broader economic and market conditions.
• Using the knowledge of targeted Distributors, process engineers and end users to enable the development of advertising brochures, commercial sales plans, and product promotions.
• To find and process information that is relevant to the Modular Bolted Containment and Storage (MBCS) industry, to identify and understand trends in the MBCS industry and to review sales and financial performance of key manufacturers of MBCS within municipal, industrial, agricultural, mining and biofuel industry sectors and assess their future strategies.
• To look at what customers are buying and assess their reasons for choosing specific products and suppliers.
• Provide insight into potential new market opportunities.
• Gather data on market share, market size and trends that may affect market size of the Company’s share in the future.
• Rank competitors and customers in each of the Company’s market sectors against measurable criteria, such as growth in market share, or intangible factors, such as reputation for innovation or customer service.
• To produce customised reports for individual target market opportunities that contain an industry overview including recommendations on possible strategies based on findings.
• Building relationships of trust with thought leaders, researchers, designers, and complimentary technology manufacturers in the industry is an important aspect of the role.
• To encourage end users, consultants, process engineers and distributors to share their views and preferences on market trends, product development and key supply chain users.
• Prepare reports that describe the potential sales of particular product and service opportunities.
• Examine industry databases to collect data, news reports, technical papers and media information and releases.
• Forecast how the industry trends or changes in legislation or competition may affect sales.
• To process data and convert data capture into reports and other useful documents that can be presented to the Sales Department, key managers, and the wider Executive group.
• To perform valid and reliable market research SWOT and PEST analysis on competition, markets, and geographical regions.
• Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties’ research and implement best practices.
• To gather ongoing data on competitors, market conditions, end users and changes in technology.
• To carry out personal briefings or group presentations.
• To travel as required for the delivery of the objectives of the role.
• A bachelor’s degree in market research, statistics, math, computer science, social sciences, economics or business administration, or a higher qualification such as a master’s degree in market research or statistics. This opportunity is open to recent graduates or individuals who have experience gained within a market research, statistics, economics, social science, communications, business administration or journalism role.
• Good computing and data processing skills to collate and structure industry data.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills to present findings and recommendations in the form of written reports and because the role is analytical it relies on methodical data capture, manipulation and review, therefore good math skill and attention to detail is essential.
• An analytical and critical thinker with the ability to sort and communicate important information both orally and in writing.
• Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen.
• Commercial awareness and a working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining.
• The ability to cope with a fast-paced and pressurised work environment, the ability to be flexible and work as part of a team and the ability to always maintain an upbeat, flexible, and positive attitude.
• Computer proficient skills including MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft TEAMS.
• To have an open style and be a team player with a strong work ethic.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.