Hub Operative Quayside
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3363AW
- Sector: Oil and Gas
- Vacancy First Advertised: 08th Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are looking for a Hub Operative to carry out all operational activities for the Quayside within the Great Yarmouth hub, including cargo handling, vessel loading / unloading whilst adhering to strict safety standards. This is a full time, permanent position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Undertake cargo handling 0 /vessel loading & unloading operations in accordance with company procedure.
• Identify opportunities to improve service delivery and suggest improvements/changes to the process where required.
• Conduct Live Safe Interventions (LSI) and record for inclusion on base scorecard
• Support and provide cover to the Quayside Controller, managing traffic, personnel and contractors on the Quayside to preserve a controlled work zone
• Present a positive image of the company through first class service delivery and customer engagement.
• Ensure that formal procedures, standing instructions and safety standards are complied with at all times.
• Must be available to work at other locations including other sites or Client sites as required
• Must be flexible regarding working additional hours as required due to operational requirements
• Support other Yard functions (in line with completed training/competencies) where required, including Receipts & Dispatch, Waste, Warehousing and Fuel & Lubricants
• Customer focused and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships, both internal and external.
• Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, flexible and can adapt to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
• Ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership, while a positive contributor to the wider team.
• Motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support, maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
• Slinger Banksman
• Manual Handling Awareness
Desirable Qualifications / Competencies:
• Full UK Driving license
• B2 (5-15T) Counterbalance Forklift License
• OPITO Banksman/Slinger Stage 3/4
• HSE related Training and an understanding of Health and Safety legislation
• Dangerous Goods awareness
• COSHH Awareness
• Knowledge of drilling tools and equipment
• Cargo Handling (Safe Packing)
• Spill Response Training
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.