Hub Operative - Industrial Services
- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3385AW
- Sector: Industrial
- Vacancy First Advertised: 29th Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are looking for Hub Operatives to join their team in Great Yarmouth on a full-time permanent basis.
This role will encompass but will not be limited to the industrial cleaning of various tanks, vessels, silos and pits for a large client base. Some travel will be required to service the clients that make the request. This role will be supportive of the Great Yarmouth Hub including cargo handling, vessel loading and unloading and waste services.
• To engage all external and internal customer by communicating in a friendly and professional manner ensuring that they are left with a lasting positive impression of our service.
• Identify best jets or methods for cleaning a wide range of heavy industrial plants operation. Using business sup-plied technology, equipment and vehicles to provide industrial services and waste management to the business client base.
• To act and operate in a safe and professional manner in order to safeguard the health and safety of oneself along with that of any others (colleagues, contractors, visitors and customers alike).
• Deliver the customer’s expectations on the service requested which will include the use of existing and new tech-nologies.
• Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, Quality Management ensuring that formal procedures, standing instructions and safety standards are complied with at all times
• Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has re-sponsibility.
• Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner, in accordance with HSEQ procedures.
• Some time working away is essential.
• Carry out ad-hoc duties as required by the business within your capabilities.
• Customer focused and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships, both internal and external.
• Commercial acumen and motivated to produce continuous improvements and cost savings.
• Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, flexible and can adapt to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
• Ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership, while a positive contributor to the wider team.
• Motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support, maintaining a culture of con-tinuous improvement and innovation.
• Solutions based with strong planning, organising and numeric skills, and an excellent attention to detail.
• Full UK driving licence
• Health and safety awareness
• Current IOSH
• Current High-Pressure Water Jetting certificate
• Forklift License
• Slinger/ Banksman OPITO - stage 1
• Manual Handling
• Confined Space and Rescue
• Equality & Diversity training
• Industrial or tank cleaning experience with the use of high vacuum and jetting machinery
• HGV Driving licence (HGV C&E)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.