- Location: North East
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Fixed Term
- Reference: PS3173SO
- Sector: Transport
- Vacancy First Advertised: 12th Feb 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an HSE Manager to join their team based in the north east on a fixed term contract. Suitable candidates will ideally be located within a 30 mile radius of Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The main purpose of the role will be to work within the HSE team providing support to the wider business through subject matter expertise, independent oversight and assisting in implementing and maintaining the company’s HSE policies and procedures. This will involve, but not be limited to, hazard identification and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous material/waste management, fire safety and environmental compliance. You will be expected to provide hands on support to the business geared towards reducing on employee incidents whilst driving a sustained improvement to the overall safety culture of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver all strategic plans to drive a culture of behavioral safety through the business.
• Contribute to and develop required Safety policies, in line with any legal or statutory compliance for the company and implement within the business.
• Work closely with the OpCos to identify safety issues and provide guidance and formulate improvement plans that are driven through until completion.
• Manage safety campaigns aligned with the prevailing trends that are impacting the business
• Work closely with OpCos, Legal and Claims (Transcare) team to minimize the exposure to the business relating to claims and incidents in both financial terms and in the event of litigation.
• Provide subject matter expertise to the business both locally and nationally where required
• Provide independent oversight through over checking and auditing of the business both locally and nationally, where required.
• Provide support to regional area in response to serious incidents.
• Work on, where required, national projects to deliver improved processes or better business performance through the introduction of new technologies/new ways of working ensuring smooth and aligned implementation across the business.
• Work with the Heads of Governance for HSE to coordinate audits and to ensure that any adverse findings are actioned.
• Liaise with the HSER Data team to ensure that all reporting is accurate and aligned to the business’s needs.
• Utilise the BI provided by the Data team to inform the business on Safety performance, trends and plan/actions to reduce/mitigate impact.
• Work with the OpCos to ensure that multi incident drivers are identified and that interventions are carried out in a timely manner to avoid reoccurrence
• To work to any reasonable requests as directed by the Head of HSER.
• Possess excellent communication skills and be able to influence others.
• Recent proven experience of working in a health and safety role at a similar level and bringing about culture change within an organisation.
• A comprehensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation, management and standards.
• Experience of developing, implementing and maintaining organisational health and safety management undertaking risk assessments, implementing monitoring systems, accident investigation, auditing and reviewing performance.
• The ability to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of health, safety, risk and compliance.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.