- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3439JE
- Sector: HSE
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Dec 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a HSE Advisor to join their team based in Norwich, on a full time permanent basis.
The role involves supporting the business in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental. As part of the SHEQ, Business Improvement and Facilities Department, the role will include fostering a contemporary HSE and risk management culture throughout the organisation by implementing HSE objectives, improvement initiatives, risk management and reporting systems within the business.
• Management of the Company Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management System and training records
• Complete and regularly review Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and safe systems of work for all work activities associated with the operation
• Ensure that all accidents and incidents are documented, investigated, and recommended improvements implemented
• Conduct site safety inspections and audits, ensure emergency evacuations are correctly reported, and employees are aware of their HS&E responsibilities
• Liaise with external health, safety, and environmental advisors in the provision of training programmes and HSE services
• Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant
• Support with the implementation of new and existing legislation and Company rules and standards, such as fire prevention, safety awareness and contractor assessments
• Ensuring a safe workplace by ensuring HSE policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to, regularly reviewed, updated and communicated with the Quality Manager and Director of Business Improvement, Facilities & SHEQ
• To measure, analyse and report on Health, Safety and Environmental KPI’s metrics and activities
• Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences
• NEBOSH General Certificate
• Knowledge and understanding of ISO14001/45001 and current HSE legislation
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to interface throughout all levels of an organisation
• Good forward planning, quick learner and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Have a strong understanding of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and be confident to demonstrate a practical, hands-on approach to implementing Occupational Health & Safety in the workplace
• Attention to detail
• Auditor Qualification (ISO14001 & ISO45001/OHSAS 18001)
• Excellent report writing skills and be IT literate (MS Word, Excel etc.)
• Full Driving Licence
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.