- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3172SO
- Sector: Admin
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Feb 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an HR Administrator to join their team based in Norwich, on a full-time or part-time, permanent basis.
This position will be ideal for someone with a solid background in and a passion for, admin and who would be interested in moving into the HR profession. Previous HR experience is not required but would be beneficial. The HR Administrator will undertake all transactional HR processes and facilitate HR projects within the Firm. This is an important role that underpins the existing HR team and is very focused on administration including drafting letters, emails and documents for employees across the firm as well as keeping employee records up to date and administering the HR System.
• Administration for the HR team including drafting letters and emails, filing, scanning, maintenance of records, taking calls and similar;
• Administration of the Cascade HR system including updating records, developing new workflows and assisting the HR Assistant with general queries;
• Update policies and procedures on the firm’s intranet as instructed by the Assistant HR Manager and HR Manager;
• Deal with reference requests for ex-employees and mortgage references;
• Amend/update employees records as and when required;
• Draft contracts of employment as and when required – including new starts, training contracts, fixed term contracts and amendments to terms and conditions memos;
• Create Letters of Engagement for the HR Consultancy service and check they have been returned by clients;
• Assist the HR Assistant with the allocation and administration of work experience placements across all offices of the firm;
• Organise new employee inductions;
• Organise relevant committee meetings;
• Assist with data inputting holiday/overtime spreadsheet;
• Organise CSR days for teams/office as required;
• Administration for the appraisal process/system;
• Carry out the new starter/leaver process, including collating new starter documentation in a timely manner and ensuring leavers files are kept up to date;
• Manage the Firm’s sickness absence process including cross referencing sickness and medical appointment records, administration around sick pay and return to work meetings;
• Cross reference holiday postings on Cascade HR System CCH timesheets on a monthly basis;
• Manage the WorkRite H&S training system;
• Deal with general staff email/phone queries effectively and efficiently, as and when required;
• Organise first aiders and fire wardens across the firm and book training;
• Draft first aider letters in September each year regarding their role and recognition payments;
• Collate driving safely at work forms and car insurance certificates for employees as and when required;
• Take an active role in the firm’s wellbeing initiatives by undertaking research for activities, assisting the HR adviser and local office wellbeing representatives in rolling out initiatives and writing content for internal wellbeing newsletters;
• Attend local update seminars to develop knowledge of HR and employment law; and
• Assist with any projects and ad hoc duties that arise within the department.
• Previous experience in an administration related role, dealing with all aspects of administration including, but not limited to, drafting letters and documents, managing databases and filing systems and dealing with general queries;
• An ability to learn new processes quickly;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to independently manage a busy workload and undertake multiple tasks with competing deadlines;
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude and an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
• Full clean driving license (business use on car insurance will be required upon joining the firm)
Workdays will be Monday to Friday, but the hours of work are flexible and full time or part time will be considered. The standard full-time hours are 37.5 per week with a flexi-time arrangement of core hours between 9am and 4pm. There may be a requirement to work from home on occasion.
Free car parking is available a short distance away from the office.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.