Health and Safety Manager
- Location: Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3078SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 20th Jul 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their team based in Suffolk on a full time permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safety is one of the Company’s core values and the Health & Safety Manager will act as the Company’s lead competent person for Health & Safety and to continuously improve the Company’s Health & Safety Management system, policies, processes and safety culture
• To ensure the Company maintains legal compliance with all relevant legislation.
• To provide competent advice to Company personnel on all Health & Safety related matters.
• To reduce safety-related risks to the Company by ensuring the Company’s Health & Safety Management system is comprehensive and effective.
• To influence Company personnel at all levels to improve safety culture within the business.
• To drive continuous improvement in Safety across the business.
• To ensure that all Company personnel are aware of current Health & Safety regulations.
• The promotion of Health & Safety awareness throughout the Company to enable all involved to understand their responsibilities and therefore contribute to their safety.
• To contribute to setting the Company’s Health & Safety strategy and objectives. To lead the activities associated with delivering the Health & Safety strategy and objectives.
• Management, maintenance and review of the Company Health & Safety Policy.
• To assist in the design and implementation of cultural change programmes to embed Health & Safety values within the business.
• Management, maintenance and review of the Company’s suite of safety policies and Health & Safety documentation to ensure compliance with current legislation.
• Management, maintenance and review of the Company’s risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH systems.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the Company’s Health & Safety management systems and continuously improve systems in conjunction with operational teams.
• Involvement in the investigation associated with accidents and incidents, ensuring that the level and quality of reporting and investigations is improved on a continuous basis.
• Review of safety performance data and presentation of statistical information to the Company’s Board, Health & Safety Committee and workforce in general.
• To play a leading role in Health & Safety Committee meetings in order to drive improvements.
• To conduct inspections and audits of the Company’s site to ensure standards are maintained and risks are properly identified and eliminated accordingly.
• To ensure Health & Safety matters are comprehensively covered in the Company’s ISO quality and environmental management systems.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your role.
• To travel as required for the delivery of the objectives of the role.
• Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good administrative skills and very high attention to detail.
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Computer proficient skills including MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft TEAMS.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven work experience gained within a Health & Safety Manager role.
• An in-depth understanding of the role of a Health & Safety Manager role.
• Experience in implementing and maintaining Health & Safety management systems is essential.
• Experience in producing reports and developing Health & Safety related policies.
• Good knowledge of risk assessments in a manufacturing environment.
• A NEBOSH Certificate qualification is essential for this role supported by 5 years or equivalent work experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude always.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to mentor and influence the behaviour of others.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.