Health and Safety Assistant
- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Part Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3456SO
- Sector: HSE
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Jan 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a Health and Safety Assistant to join their team based in Lowestoft on a part time, permanent basis.
This role will be to assist and provide support to the Health and Safety Officer in supporting the business.
• Complete in-house inspections and company-wide audits
• Ensure documents are readily accessible and controlled where appropriate
• Review and keep risk assessments and training safe working procedures up to date
• Analysing accident records, investigations and actions, and compiling statistics
• Ensuring company signage is up to date and in good order
• Record H&S actions / meetings / tool box talks
• Adheres to Company Health & Safety policy and procedures at all times, promoting Health & Safety awareness Company wide
• Background and training in health and safety management and works in a professional manner at all times
• Previous experience in the use and application of statistics
• IOSH or NEBOSH qualified (or working towards)
• Seeks to be challenged and stretched and is able to challenge when required
• Competent user of Microsoft Office
• Attention to detail, accurate and able to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent team player and able to work with people at all levels of the business
• Flexible approach and receptive to change
• Good negotiation skills with a high level of integrity
• Self-motivated and willingness to learn and progress
• Has the ability to cover for the Health and Safety Manager in their absence
• Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines in line with company needs
• Is able to analyse business/employee performance – focusing on ways of improving performance and identifying any training needs and working with them through to fruition
• Excellent understanding of internal and external customer needs
• Prepared to gain a good understanding of product ranges
• GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English
• Engineering qualification
• Experience of working in a batch production environment
• Good understanding of Health & Safety practices, preferably in a busy factory environment
Working hours: 20 hours per week
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.