Group Purchasing Manager
- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3676SO
- Sector: Purchasing / Procurement
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Jun 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a group purchasing manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis, based in Lowestoft.
This role is responsible for purchasing and buying raw materials and products, the delivery of annual targets through effective management of procurement and stock control. The creation, recommendation and implementation of appropriate sourcing strategies covering the requirements of our sports and horticultural divisions. Controlling costs, supply, quality and maintaining excellent service to our customer base. Ensuring materials are available to manufacturing as/when required.
Operating as the procurement focal point, including supplier performances, gathering market intelligence and the execution of contracts and stock management alongside the business analyst.
The role will centre around the following responsibilities:
• Establishing and managing working relationships with suppliers.
• Co-ordinating purchasing and delivery with director-of led teams.
• Managing KPIs to drive improvement of price structures, quality and OTIF.
• Sourcing new suppliers and new materials.
• Focused management of purchasing and stock to forecast and scheduling plans.
• Liaising closely with Production Manager and Business Analyst to ensure raw materials are available on time to maintain production schedules.
• Manage the team to deliver on cost, supply, quality, and customer service whist controlling stock to agreed parameters.
• Manage and motivate the team to ensure continued development.
• Work closely with Sport/Horticultural Goods-in teams to ensure efficient ordering process.
• Lead the stock control process to ensure effective management of stock to deliver customer service and maximise cash.
• Develop contingency plans to ensure continued availability of stock to meet customer demand.
• Ensure the effectiveness of daily/weekly/monthly stock reconciliations to ensure stock is controlled and lead daily/weekly reviews with key stakeholders.
• Focus on SKU management to ensure optimisation of SKU’s and write off costs are minimised at both sites.
• Creating business-based sourcing strategies alongside colleagues to develop appropriate sourcing strategies.
• Works with sales colleagues on opportunity management to ensure effective pricing responses are delivered in a timely manner.
• Lead implementation of sourcing strategies. Revise, protect and enhance strategy as new information becomes available.
• Managing programmes, projects and change.
• Use detailed plans to ensure that projects/strategies are delivered effectively.
• Build a culture of continuous improvement through effective PDRs and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
• Lead the purchasing team by setting clear direction supported by clear people goals that are reviewed frequently.
• Ensure activities deliver expected benefits, learning and feedback.
• Learn from previous experience before undertaking similar tasks.
• Incorporate learning into the planning process and seek to improve performance as a result.
• Ensure the development of clear succession plans for key roles are in place.
Successful candidate must contain these skills:
• Has an understanding and able to analyse appropriate markets for sport and horticultural
• Able to use a wide range of sourcing tools/ techniques to effectively analyse suppliers
• Previous experience with MRP and ERP procedures
• Demonstrates general understanding of the wider supply marketplace
• Has the ability to learn from senior colleagues and seeks to increase the input they make to the business
• Excellent negotiation, contracting and supplier management skills
• Able to create and plan effectively. Showing an understanding of what needs to be included. Effectively communicating plans to those who need to be involved and senior management
• Acts at all times as a positive force for change
• Has a strong reputation for implementing highly effective mechanisms for monitoring progress against plans
• Significant experience of steel and aluminium materials/products
• Previous experience of line management
• Effective data analysis skills – through the use of Excel and other software packages
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Previous project management experience
• Experience of handling multiple products/materials
• GCSEs Grade A-C in Maths and English
• A-levels/Degree or equivalent qualifications/experience
• Affiliation to, and a level of CIPs accreditation would be an advantage and/or a minimum of 5-years’ proven track record of working in a similar role
• Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft office packages
Hours of work:
• 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
• Flexibility during the Company’s peak trading season
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.