Global Support Technician
- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3222SO
- Sector: Telecommunications
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th May 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Global Support Technician to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client has been established for over 27 years and are a well-respected company within the communications industry, known for being technically advanced, using and developing cutting edge technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated team and develop a career in the industry. This position would suit a multi-skilled technician with strong troubleshooting experience looking for a varied and challenging role. This role will be part of Global Customer Support department which provides 24x7 support to customers around the globe.
The role is based in Great Yarmouth and will, after training, require the successful applicant to work as part of a shift rota team covering 24x7x365 days a year.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handling external and internal customer enquiries received by email / telephone / Skype / ticketing system / personal visit, with the aim of delivering a same day resolution to the customer.
• The key focus of the Global Support Technician position is to ensure that issues and requests from both internal colleagues and direct customers are dealt with and progressed in a timely manner.
• Updating ticket system of all technical and non-technical tasks carried out for external and internal customers.
• Prioritisation of tasks to ensure that service level agreement targets are met and any urgent customer requirements are dealt with in a timely fashion.
• Provide customers with relevant documentation and resources based on their requirements.
• Maintains / update IP address centred tasks such as adding, removing, and editing of Firewall rules.
• Liaise with 3rd parties to ensure prompt resolutions.
• Technical qualifications to HND level or equivalent apprenticeship / work experience.
• Ability to communicate clearly to the highest level both oral and written, to all stakeholders, adapting communication style seamlessly to different audiences ranging from highly technical to non-technical and all cultures.
• Experience in working in a technical support environment with a track record of delivering high level customer service.
• A proven track record with remote support tools and well as phone support.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.