- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3205SO
- Sector: Oil and Gas
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Apr 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a General Manager to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Senior level management of a large manufacturing operation delivering high specification, high quality products to the oil & gas and renewables industry. Set annual budget and deliver to that budget while achieving delivery targets and various agreed Key Performance Indicators. Provide monthly financial updates to senior management and quarterly updates for budget progress / updates. Continually evaluate the business to drive efficiencies and ensure that the operation is following other global locations using the same processes where possible. Completion of the global monthly operations report for the VP of Operations on time is essential and required. Close coordination between other global site General Managers and functional Directors is essential. Quarterly meetings between the global team held offsite are required with presentation format updates are to be given.
• Take financial ownership of financial report bi-weekly and full operations report on a monthly basis for the facility. Monthly report includes updates on the P&L, Quality KPIs, HSE statistics, supply chain spends, inventory and headcount statistics.
• Alignment and progression for the Operations 5-year strategy.
• Deliver the annual financial and functional targets for the business in line with the budget and strategy.
• Working with your leadership team, manage all aspects of the business for the Gt Yarmouth facility ensuring financial, technical and OTD targets are being met.
• Ensure that the operations team are fully utilising the system processes and procedures to allow for visible reporting each month.
• Always lead and be seen to lead in all matters related to our FRESH values, Quality and HSE.
• Manage new Capex requests for the business.
• Working with the functional team leads ensure that training and development needs are being addressed and plans are in place for continual growth of our people.
• Prepare budgets for VP of Operations.
• Arrange and lead management team meetings, Sales & Operations meetings and monthly town hall presentations.
Key Performance Indicators
• Revenue and EBITDA per month/quarter/year – accurate forecasting.
• Target accurate project delivery (on-time and to budget)
• Cost management. (improved purchasing and better EBITDA project margins).
• Work with senior team on forecasting and budgets for the 5-year strategy.
• Working Capital management.
• SG&A as a % of revenue.
• Revenue per head.
• Customers (Internal and external) quality metrics / satisfaction / OTD.
• HSE – Safety touches, OFI, observations, o LTI or incidents.
• Right first time %.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment, to apply company and where appropriate, Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems and promote a culture of continuous improvement and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience in an operational / manufacturing leadership role
• Good understanding of finance models and profit & loss management.
• Proven leadership experience / skills.
• Ability to present to executive level management and good understanding of Microsoft Office products.
• Must have a valid passport and be willing to travel to any company location when needed.
• Approachable and willing to work as part of a team.
• Bachelors or Masters’ Degree in an Engineering, Finance or Business Management. (Preferred)
• Oil and gas / renewables experience. (Preferred)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.