- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Temp to Perm
- Reference: PS3228AW
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 20th May 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking Finishing Operatives to join their team based in Lowestoft on a temporary basis.
This role will involve working as part of the finishing team to carry out the finishing processes to meet the demands of customer orders / stock requirements and to work schedules set.
• Ensure all Finishing tasks are carried out to job card and drawing instructions.
• Responsible for own work, including quality checks, requesting assistance as and when required, including any new or refresher training.
• Assemble, pack and/or despatch finished products.
• Carry out work in degreasing and on the spray-line as required.
• Optimise own time and resources to fulfil business targets.
• Continuously strive to improve processes/working practices.
• Ensure finishing policies/procedures/checks are followed at all times.
• Adhere to Company H&S policy and procedures at all times.
• Regularly attend team/company meetings and relevant training to keep knowledge up to date.
• When necessary, carry out other duties in the Finishing Department and other areas of the business as requested.
• Ability to read basic engineering drawings (desirable).
• Good hand to eye coordination.
• Good level of concentration for degreasing and/or powder coating work in progress, working cleanly to avoid contamination materials, following strict safety regulations covering the use of potential hazardous materials when appropriate.
• Good practical skills for using plant, tools & equipment.
• Capable of undertaking repetitive tasks.
• Desire to achieve and exceed targets.
• Good communication skills and integrity.
• Good supportive team member.
• Pays attention to detail.
• Able to work accurately within timescales.
• Confidence to ask for help when needed.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Flexible approach, open to change and has the ability to be multi-skilled.
• Self-motivated and able to solve problems.
• Open to undertake training/coaching as and when required and train/coach others.
• Engineering background (desirable).
• Experience working in a batch production environment (desirable).
Normal working hours 6:00 am – 16:00 pm however flexibility will be required during the Company’s peak trading season.
This position could become permanent for the right candidate.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.