- Location: Beccles
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2916SO
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 22nd Nov 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Financial Controller to join their team based in Beccles on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Financial Controller, you’ll be working directly with the Estate Director reporting to the Managing Partner. Your key duties will include:
• Undertaking and supervising the day to day financial activities including preparation of month-end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, and provide information to compile year-end statutory accounts.
• Preparing annual budgets and cash flow projections with the Estate Director, monitoring the performance of each entity within the Estate in line with their set budgets.
• Implementing and maintaining all financial controls and systems within the business.
• Identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
• Undertaking regular activities such as; payroll, insurance policies and cover and the management of book debt.
• ACCA / ICAEW qualification or qualified by experience
• Knowledge of a farm business would be an advantage, but not essential
• Effective communication skills to liaise with other departments
• Confident in forecasting, preparing budgets and efficient in producing and analysing financial reports
• Excellent IT skills
• Training and delegation skills
This is a permanent, full-time role working 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am – 4pm Friday. You are entitled to a 30 minute paid lunch break.
If you want to be part of a successful team, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.