- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2871EM
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 22nd Oct 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Financial Controller to join their team based in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth on a full-time permanent basis.
The Financial Controller (FC) is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company’s fleet operation. The FC will play a critical role in the overall Financial Management of the company by being primarily the point of contact for all fleet related matters, including the financial management of all boat hire, the working capital management associated with running the fleet from receivables to payables etc. Reports to the Managing Director.
• Ensure all Fleet accounting transactions and records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and accounting principles
• Manage directly the invoicing of revenue in relation to all fleet matters including but not exclusively charters & reimbursable costs
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including intercompany transactions
• Record assets & inventory register
Short-term Cashflow Forecast
• Report cashflow projections on a weekly basis
• Work with the MD to ensure that cashflows forecasts are reliable
• Responsible for the timely collection of receivables
• Timely reporting of management data, ensuring that management accounts are produced within 20 days of the month closing
• Ad hoc reporting as requested
• Raise purchase orders for all purchases ensuring the correct process is followed at all times
• Accurate recording of invoices as/when received and authorized onto Sage ensuring that they are posted to the correct account code and class
• Manage the supplier payment process, from seeking approval for payment to inputting SAGE when payment is done
• Check/reconcile personnel travel expenses and input to SAGE accordingly
• Assist with annual audit
Crew Wages & Expenses
• Manage the payment process to ensure that seafarers receive their fees on the agreed day
• Post the crew transactions onto Sage to the appropriate account code and class accordingly
Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft office
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
• Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work consistently within company procedures at a high standard with scope to actively make suggestions for improvements to working processes
• Adaptability to changes in procedures from time to time
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.