- Location: Dartford
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Part Time
- Length of Employment: Temp
- Reference: PS3189JE
- Sector: Transport
- Vacancy First Advertised: 23rd Mar 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Engineering Administrator to join their team based in Dartford on a temporary basis.
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Depot Engineering Manager in the day to day organisation of the depot by carrying out administrative tasks and other tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The role is responsible for providing our Company payroll function (based at the head-office) with accurate details of hours worked on a weekly / monthly basis, as required, in a timely manner. In addition, a weekly overtime report is to be completed and sent to the Depot Engineering Manager (DEM), along with a copy of the booked hours comparison sheet.
• The company use an Oracle based system to monitor all vehicle details, labour resources, as well as financial information. You will be responsible for the raising, populating and closing of work orders for all types of work carried out. You will also need to closely manage the Planned Maintenance System, ensuring the self-generation of work orders is taking place in line with the correct vehicle cycle.
• Each vehicle is to have its own file and you will be responsible for setting up the file in line with the Company Quality Standards manual. You will be required to check the completion of all vehicle related paperwork and highlight any areas of concern to the DEM.
• All vehicles require an annual MOT inspection and you will be required to put / manage systems in place to ensure expiry dates are not exceeded.
• Vehicle Defect cards are to be audited on a daily basis to ensure the card has been completed correctly by the Driver and secondly, that any defects have been signed off by the Engineer. Any discrepancies should be highlighted to the relevant manager in a timely manner.
• Stores checks will need to be carried out in a timely manner, along with the recording of utility readings. In addition, the admin person will seek guidance from the storekeeper to assist in various store tasks.
• As an employee within the organisation, you are responsible for ensuring that you are familiar with any health and safety risks and issues that are relevant to the work activities and areas for which you have responsibility and for ensuring compliance with legal requirements and Company Policy. As an employee you have a responsibility to co-operate with managers in ensuring that the workplace is safe for everyone by taking reasonable care not to do anything that might endanger you or others, either through your actions or lack of action, and never to act in a way that causes either you or the company to be in breach of the law. You are expected to consider, and take account of, the potential hazards and risks in everything you do whilst you are at work.
• Literacy and numeracy to at least key stage 5 (or equivalent).
• Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
• Flexibility with working hours across a week.
• Conversant with using a keyboard at speed for data entry.
• Analytical mind for investigating issues.
• Requirement for accuracy and tidiness to ensure paper trails are in place for audits.
• Must have clear and legible handwriting as some work will be handwritten.
• Previous experience of administrative aspects of a business, where accurate reporting and filing is paramount.
• Honest, reliable, tidy, smart, time conscious.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and also solo.
• Eligible to work and reside in the UK
07:00 – 11:00 5 days a week
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.