Electrical Design Engineer
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2843EM
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 24th Sep 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis.
Responsible to the Head of Design, to produce concept and detailed Electrical designs related to equipment and machinery for the company’s complete range of products, and specifically for the design of equipment for custom applications.
• Working from in house or customer specification, develop a concept Electrical design.
• Calculate electrical requirements for the equipment including any motor, brake, actuator or other machinery requirements.
• Coordinate electro-mechanical system requirements with the Head of Design/Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/s
• Identify and select most economical and suitable proprietary equipment to fulfill the specified product requirements.
• Produce block diagram and layout drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Present block diagram and layout for review.
• Produce electrical design drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Produce electrical assembly drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Produce parts lists and bills of material using Excel Spreadsheets.
• Issue detailed design drawings for manufacture. (Either to sub-contract for pricing, or internally for in house manufacture).
• Develop operational control concepts for process equipment
• Select appropriate PLC device based on specified requirements
• Produce I/O list for PLC
• Design PLC ladder logic
• Code PLC ladder logic
• Test & debug PLC ladder logic
• Produce PLC code documentation
• Produce quote drawings for presentation to customers.
• Maintain revision control of documents, drawings and parts lists in accordance with company procedures.
• Responsible for inherent safety of the mechanical design.
• Input to design risk assessments on an ongoing basis for all equipment design.
• Produce or contribute to operation and maintenance manuals as necessary. Especially for custom systems.
• Provide help and assistance with manufacturing and assembly problems of electrical systems.
• Resolve design problems found during manufacturing and assembly.
Extensive knowledge of industry, technical expertise; excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills (both written and oral); strategic and analytical thinker, planning and financial control skills, team builder.
• Experienced Electrical design engineer with experience in designing controls systems for computer-controlled handling systems
• Working knowledge of current, relevant Electrical Design regulations and Drawing Standards
• Competent in PLC based system design including design, coding and debugging of ladder logic.
• Extremely versatile, able to find solutions to a wide range of engineering challenges.
• Understanding of requirements for inherently safe/failsafe design.
• Excellent communication skills capable of dealing with staff from general hands, up to director level.
• Capable of developing original concepts based on current state of the art technology.
• High level of computer literacy, familiar with Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
• Experienced user of AutoCAD Electrical or similar CAD package.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good knowledge of capabilities of local sub-contract manufacturing base.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all SIS products.
• Valid Driving License and Passport
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.