- Location: Diss
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3148SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 05th Jan 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Distribution Administrator to join their team based in Suffolk on a full time, permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To plan and arrange shipments to achieve the most cost-effective result considering customer delivery requirements.
• To undertake the tasks necessary to support the Company’s transport and distribution processes, ensuring the efficient delivery of product to customers.
• To prepare appropriate documentation to allow shipments to take place while adhering to all appropriate regulations.
• To support in the task to create and sustain a zero-harm environment.
• To provide advice to the Sales Department on the best transport principals and obtain quotes.
• To work closely with the Packing Department to ensure the most efficient and appropriate packing methods are used relative to the type of shipment.
• To liaise with customers and other internal departments regarding despatch of customer orders, and to provide the necessary information and documentation as required.
• To liaise with all other departments that may require a shipping and despatch service.
• The accurate and timely preparation of packing lists from respective information sources and delivery of these to the relevant teams.
• To collate information from returned packing documentation to provide an accurate record of packed orders.
• The accurate and timely update of business systems to reflect action taken.
• To control distribution and associated routines of spare parts, warranty items and other miscellaneous despatches.
• To manage the process of driver arrival and departure and the loading of the vehicles.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
• The Health & Safety of yourself and others in your area of control.
• To provide necessary support to the Distribution Manager. To complete administrative and functional tasks as required.
• To provide cover along with other members of the Distribution team for the Distribution Manager in their absence.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum A Level/BTEC/NVQ Level 3 or above or equivalent work experience gained within a Distribution or logistics environment.
• Proven work experience gained within a dynamic administrative role.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• An in-depth understanding of the role of a Distribution or Logistics Administrator.
• A positive approach combined with efficient communication skills.
• Good administrative skills and a very high attention to detail.
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Computer proficient skills including MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft TEAMS.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times within a team environment.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to positively influence the behaviour of others.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.