Diesel Engine Mechanic
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3092SH
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 26th Aug 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an experienced Diesel Engine Mechanic with an Electrical bias to join their team based in Great Yarmouth, on a full time permanent basis.
• In this role, the successful candidate will perform repair and maintenance work in accordance with manufacturer and industry standards, run diagnostics and work closely with other team members to meet company goals
• Responsible for maintenance and repair of all types of manufacturers’ diesel engines and associated electrical Equipment
• Carry out repairs, maintenance and full engine overhauls at various country locations and Local Workshop
• Maintain detailed records of serviced engines
• Maintain a parts inventory
• Ensuring workspace cleanliness
• Hold a good understanding of health and safety within a workshop environment, hold a good understanding of COSHH, the ability to apply and use safe working procedures / risk assessments and to work within a quality management system.
• Have a minimum of four years as a diesel mechanic
• Candidate should be physically fit
• Ability to work unsupervised on all aspects of diesel engine and associated Electrical repairs and overhauls
• Ability to take and record critical engine component dimensional measurements
• Good IT and diagnostic skills
• Familiar with electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs
• Ability to read technical drawings / schematics applicable to the job
• Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools
• Good knowledge of diesel engine components
• Valid driving license
• Valid passport and eligible to work in the UK
• Valid offshore survival certificate (Desirable)
• Valid offshore medical (Desirable)
• Valid forklift certificate (Desirable)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.