- Location: Gateshead
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3724SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 28th Jul 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a design engineer, to join their team on a permanent basis, based in Gateshead.
• Design new products in accordance with relevant specifications, company quality procedures and industry standards.
• Produce and check engineering documents (such as drawings, models, Bills of Materials, technical illustrations, manuals, reports, and calculations) and basic layouts for designs, or parts of design, ensuring they are completed within the required timescales.
• Carry out initial technical review of client requirements and specifications to define engineering design inputs.
• Ensure all design outputs are in accordance with design inputs.
• Attend design review meetings ensuring commercial awareness.
• Answer internal and external product line technical queries.
• Ensure internal checking and approvals procedures are adhered to.
• Ensure document numbering and revision control procedures are followed.
• Submit Technical Requisition documents for subcontracted or sub-vended engineering scope.
• Submit Technical Requisition documents for any 3rd party design review or verification.
• Report any design changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant project personnel.
• Ensure that any Engineering relevant Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) are investigated, resolved and documented with engineering participation in root cause analysis.
• Support (and supervise where necessary) other members of the engineering department.
• Be aware of, organise and prioritise personal workload to ensure deadlines are achieved.
• Ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department.
• Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy.
• Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of department working practices and processes.
• Be fully compliant with department and company policies, procedures, and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in line with such documents.
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
• Travel required as dictated by project needs and business requirements (estimated 5% of working hours.
• HNC /HND in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
• Preferably degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline.
• Working knowledge of design projects within multi-disciplinary teams.
• Working knowledge within a manufacturing environment or within the Energy Industry.
• Working knowledge of oilfield equipment, Specifically, Surface Test Trees, Gate Valves, Mud Valves, Plug Valves, Hammer Unions, Flowline equipment. (Desirable)
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and AutoDesk Suite, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MRP/ERP systems).
• Understanding of ISO9001.
• Working knowledge in hand calculations, knowledge of design codes.
• Have an understanding of commonplace industry materials and their application.
• Knowledge of specific design codes, EC Directives and CE Marking, API 6A , ASME VIII Boiler and Pressure Vessels, ASME B31.3, NACE MR-0175, ATEX, Norsok, EN12079/DNV2.7-12.7.3. (Desirable)
• Have an understanding of welding processes and procedures. (Desirable)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.