- Location: Diss
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3236SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 01st Jun 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Design Engineer to join their team based in Diss on a full time, permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for delivering designs on time, to budget and to required specification.
• Taking ownership of designs throughout lifecycle from concept to completion.
• Producing general arrangement drawings, manufacturing drawings, build/lift plans and BoMs.
• To use existing components/designs where possible to improve project overheads.
• Positively contribute to the process of continuous improvement and value engineering of standard components for bespoke design.
• Develop parametric models for some of the most common bespoke designs to offer semistandard solutions and reduce design lead times.
• To assist in all areas of production to solve any queries/issues raised.
• With the use of Autodesk Inventor produce full 3D models of the product solution.
• To produce sets of general arrangement drawings to be sent for customer approval.
• Ensure that designs are suitable by calculating structural requirements of frame and glass.
• To prepare product for manufacture by producing full sets of drawings and bill of materials.
• Attend site installations/surveys where necessary.
• Assist other departments with any technical queries (provide product support and technical advice service on bespoke designs to the sales, project management and estimating departments).
• To work closely with the Lead Design Engineer and Bespoke Design Manager to ensure innovative and successful project solutions.
• Liaise with clients where necessary to discuss design/technical queries.
• Reporting to the Product and Bespoke Design Engineering Manager.
• A positive contributor to a busy small team.
• Able to work to time constraints for design GAs and workshop drawings.
• Confident in client and shopfloor discussions.
• Able to make occasional site visits to resolve issues.
• Understanding of basic manufacturing processes and techniques.
• A desire to improve yourself, designs, and methods.
• Good drawing standards.
• An eye for detail.
Qualifications and experience:
• Experienced in using Autodesk Inventor and Vault.
• Experienced in using FEA, especially Autodesk Nastran.
• Experience in thermal modelling, especially with THERM (Desirable).
• Knowledgeable of basic motor, drives, sealing methods.
• Degree qualified.
• Natural DFMA skills.
• Monday – Friday: 08:30 – 17:00 (37.5 hours per week).
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.