- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3216SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 26th Apr 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Design Engineer to join their team based in Lowestoft on a full time, permanent basis.
Working within the Design and Engineering Team to design and develop both new and existing products for both divisions of the company.
• Design, development and engineering of both new and existing products, satisfying and contributing to design briefs supplied by the director of sales and group director of design and engineering.
• Designing and engineering one-off bespoke products to specifications supplied by internal and external customers.
• Developing a good working knowledge of the company’s marketplaces enabling development of expertly targeted, commercially justified products
• Using a good practical understanding of material and manufacturing methods, work with production engineering team to ensure that products are made at optimum efficiency to meet the design brief and product specification.
• Working with outside suppliers sourcing new parts/components/materials as required, providing technical advice and support to other departments.
• Creating MRPII structures consisting of materials and manufacturing operations, evaluating and checking engineering drawings produced by other member of the design team and enabling prototype production.
• Assisting and working closely with the production engineering team participating in the design of jigs and fixtures to enable production.
• Working flexibly as required by the company assisting in scheduling, resource planning, training and reporting to meet targets set by the business.
• Helping promote company brands, aligning efforts with the company Vision, Mission and Core Values.
• Develop a good understanding of safety standards and regulations relevant to the company’s brands.
• Drive efficiency by being an exponent of continuous improvement and business excellence.
• Awareness, understanding and upholding the company’s health & safety policy at all times.
• Comply with company personnel policies.
• Participating in target setting through business planning sessions and help ensure agreed targets and deadlines are communicated, implemented, measured and reviewed by optimising personnel, resources and own time to required performance levels to fulfil company targets and satisfy customer demand.
• Creative, innovative and tenacious problem solver, coupled with commercial awareness, able to articulate how a product meets the market need.
• Demonstrable understanding of design process, mechanical engineering, prototyping and manufacturing processes.
• ‘Hands-on’ approach.
• Mathematical ability appropriate to role.
• Experienced user of solid modelling software CAD principle
• Driven and organised self-starter, with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
• Emotionally resilient, able to cope with a sometimes challenging, manufacturing environment, ability to reason and negotiate.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the business, and with external suppliers.
• Computer literate including basic Microsoft office software programs.
• Appropriate understanding of MRPII systems.
• Familiar with appropriate BSI standards and a basic working knowledge of intellectual property.
Qualifications and experience:
• GCSEs Grade A-C in Maths and English and appropriate A-levels or equivalent.
• Degree in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering etc or similar proven work-based experience.
• Able to convincingly demonstrate requirements set in role personal specification.
• Experience of designing appropriate products from concept through to production.
• Minimum 3 years industrial experience in product design and development with proven track record to meet role requirements.
45 hours per week, flexibility would be required during the company’s peak trading season or to suit business needs.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.