- Location: Crawley
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Temp to Perm
- Reference: PS3239SO
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 02nd Jun 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Depot Operative to join their team based in Crawley on a full-time, temporary basis.
This role will involve working in a high-volume warehouse facility that requires a hardworking and flexible person to work in a small team. The successful candidate will ensure that all products are ready to go out on time, completed and quality checked, including all relevant paperwork. This role will require physical endurance with the regular loading and unloading of vehicles and keeping careful track of all inventory to ensure the right product is either shipped or received. As such, good, clear oral communication skills are a pre-requisite for the successful candidate.
All applicants for this role must have basic reading and maths skills and also be competent with core IT skills to be able to use the relevant internal IT systems.
• Taking deliveries: Checking and entering them on to the system and allocating items to a specific job number.
• Quality control: Checking correct sizes and good quality on all frames and glass.
• Stock control and management: Completing stock takes and monitoring supplies available and reordering as appropriate.
• Organising workflow: Checking in advance to ensure that the next few days work is on track and that stock is available.
• Compile customer packs: Check finance documents using the installer daily sheet.
• Health and Safety: Carrying out risk assessments as required and regular fire alarm checks.
• First Aid and Fire Marshal responsibilities (training will be provided if necessary).
• Responsible for the security of the site.
• Ordering skips and organising recyclable materials and their collection.
• Checking PPE and ordering replacements where necessary.
• Securing, processing and preparing documentation for the receipt of cash or cheques received from installers.
• Resolving queries related to installations as quickly as possible.
Skills & Experience:
• Good attention to detail, well organised and good at managing own time.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
• Possessing physical stamina.
• Displays a “can do” attitude.
• Basic IT skills/ ability to learn basic database input processes.
• Good oral communication skills.
• Valid Full UK manual driving license.
• Knowledge of window and door industry products and a working knowledge of frame and roof manufacturing and their relevant fitting processes. (Desirable)
• Experience of working in the construction industry. (Desirable)
• Minimum 12 months’ quality control experience in a warehouse environment. (Desirable)
• Experience of recycling processes and procedures. (Desirable)
• Health and safety knowledge/ training/ certification. (Desirable)
• Minimum 12 months’ stock control and management in a warehouse environment. (Desirable)
• First Aid/Fire Marshal/Banksman training/certification. (Desirable)
Working hours are Monday to Friday 6:00 am until 5:00 pm, Saturday working is sometimes available.
Interviews are available on Thursday 10th June 2021.
This position could become permanent for the right candidate.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.