- Location: Ghana
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Contract
- Reference: PS3068PG
- Sector: Offshore
- Vacancy First Advertised: 23rd Jun 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Deck Foreman to work in Ghana on a 28-day rotation, onshore and offshore scopes.
The role is to safely and effectively coordinate and maintain an overview of all operations on the vessel deck. The Deck Foreman has the authority to delegate certain tasks to the deck crew as appropriate to experience and competencies. He remains responsible for the delegated tasks. He may act as instructed on behalf of the Shift Supervisor for deck operational tasks.
• Responsible for safety at all deck areas in use by project operations.
• Attend applicable Risk Assessments / Safe Job Analysis. Ensure to communicate findings with all team members.
• Ensure that necessary Tool Box Talks – either with active participation and or by members of the team – are held for any deck work. Inform the Shift Supervisor accordingly.
• Be familiar and tick-off relevant steps in the current operational task plan ensuring the deck operations are performed as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
• Ensure all rigging equipment is in complete working order and in compliance with local regulations and Company procedures.
• Perform rigging preparations and detailed rigging inventory according to project requirements during mobilisations.
• Inform the Shift Supervisor (and Offshore Manager as required) of the general status, technical deviations and problems associated with the deck equipment or operation.
• Notify client in due time for any unforeseen issues with relevant CPI.
• Ensure equipment reporting is performed accurately, expediently and efficiently in accordance with Company procedures – making aware that suspension of operations may be required.
• Ensuring deck personnel are tasked accordingly, taking due account of their skills and competence.
• Responsible for any assigned trainees and their assessment.
• Take initiative and be upfront on the development of matters covering aspects of technical and operational improvements and innovation within the laying industry and on operational facets concerning HSEQS activities in relation to the business of the Company.
• Typically, minimum 5 years as rigger offshore on vessel.
• Specific experience will typically be requested for operations involving (not limited to): Module handling, Heavy lifting, Flexible pipe-lay, Cable lay and Decommissioning
• Strong written English and excellent verbal English communication skills.
• Excellent leadership qualities and interpersonal skills to motivate others on efficiency and safety.
• Customer focused.
• Open minded social and reliable team player.
• Undergo assessments proving to be competent in the position.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to Paul@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.