Customer Services Assistant
- Location: Melton Constable
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3243SO
- Sector: Customer Services
- Vacancy First Advertised: 02nd Jun 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Customer Services Assistant to join their team based in Melton Constable, on a full-time permanent basis.
As a member of the Customer Services team, you will be required to provide efficient and professional customer service provision to our customers. You will field calls and emails from customers, answering questions about our products or services, processing orders, and handling customer concerns or complaints. In addition, the post holder will also provide a front desk service to the company, control and order stationary stock as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To process all customer orders from taking the order to delivery. Orders are received via Edi system, email and phone. You would check all received orders, maintaining a close contract with the relevant customer, accurately import, accept where required.
• To be at the forefront of customer service, responding to emails, calls and face to face, dealing with queries regarding products and services efficiently and in a professional manner.
• To proactively improve customer service tasks, ensuring all tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner. All orders importing need to be checked and agreed immediately as received to ensure that there is no impact on production, dispatch and delivery to the customer within the agreed timescale.
• Input data accurately and complete related paperwork efficiently.
• Manage all depot customer communications
• Reconciliation of goods receipt by Depots. Follow up Transport POD and reconcile against customer depot receipt (including Morrison MSD). Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
• Follow up, investigate and resolve customer debit notes.
• Carry out weekly stock reconciliation at customer 3rd party warehouses, ie Waitrose KN, Aldi, Sainsbury, Oaklands etc–
• Actively promote the sale of short life / clearance stock to Company Shop and relevant customers, reducing waste.
• Talking in orders and talking in overs
• Rubicon management eg Product set up, EDI set up and associated Commercial administration/ data management connected with the master data files as required.
• Transfer stocks, Despatch orders, invoice and check stocks on all 3rd party warehouses.
• Raise purchase order for raw material and keep check of stock and delivery timings.
• Keep close contact with customers and report and anomalies in supply.
• Sign off invoices and debit notes, find and send POD requests
• Prepare, collate and process export documentation for export orders, which includes dealing with the local council and the business’ export partners.
• Collaboratively working with the commercial team to develop best practices for efficient communication with customers
• Have an understanding of the commerciality aspect of the business
• Ensure all visitors are dealt with efficiently and professionally. Ensure they complete the relevant visitor’s documentation and signing in sheets. Make them aware of our visitors’ policy.
• Maintaining sufficient but not excessive levels of stationery and office supplies for the business
• Coordinate meeting room/ training room bookings, producing a hard copy of the daily planner for each room
• To provide weekend cover, on a rota basis, to assist with any parts of the Customer Services Assistant role which may need to be undertaken specifically during the weekend
• Completion of other administrative front desk functions, such as answering calls, redirecting as appropriate, opening and distribution of post.
• To undertake any other tasks deemed necessary to assist dealt with the efficiency of the Commercial Team
• 5 GCSE or equivalent including Maths and English
• Intermediate Excel (Desirable)
• 2+ years of experience in customer service or an administrative role
• Proficient with MS Office and EXCEL
• Outstanding phone and email etiquette
• Able to manage multiple accounts simultaneously
• Exceptional communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• Discretion and diplomacy
• Self -motivated
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.