- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3682PG
- Sector: Construction
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Jun 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a group purchasing manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis, based in Manchester.
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Reporting to: Senior Contracts Manager
Line Manager to: Site Supervisors, Painter & Decorators, Apprentices.
Contacts: Senior Leadership Team, managers, all colleagues and third parties
Purpose of the role:
• To be accountable to the Senior Contracts Manager for the management of identified contracts.
• Working closely with the Contracts Team to ensure tight operational & financial controls are in place.
• To carry out and take responsibility of contracts from estimating to final account.
• Develop new & existing business.
• Aim to have all sites running operationally excellent.
• Involvement in pricing & securing new business.
Skills / Knowledge:
• Contracts management experience.
• Painting & Decorating experience.
• Communication skills
• Customer care
• Information technology skills
• Professional telephone manner
• To be accountable for the management of effective contract Management service to all identified sites.
• To work in line with the company procedures and working practices
• Travel as company needs require.
• To be accountable for ensuring work is completed within agreed timescales, quality control standards and to budget.
• To build on existing client relations and attract new clients and contracts & develop business.
• To liaise and build positive working relationships with site clients and company employees following laid down company procedures.
• To be accountable for ensuring all agreed company policies and procedures are followed and the appropriate actions taken and followed through including dealing with poor performance.
• To ensure correct notification to commercial department of any changes that may affect the cost structure of the contract.
• To ensure all contract records are established and kept up to date.
• To deal timely with any variations to on-going contracts and ensure all interested parties are aware of the variations.
• To ensure all contract information is collected and communicated to the contracts team.
• To be responsible for following identified contracts from the estimating stage through final account stage, ensuring that relevant paperwork is raised to allow correct financial procedures to be followed.
• To ensure clients are supplied with the correct information to form part of their Building Manual using contract team support.
• To work with the team to ensure all internal and external Health and Safety requirements are met to provide a safe work environment on identified contract sites.
• To monitor and report progress to the senior contracts manager, health and safety and programming reporting on a Monthly basis.
• To hold regular meetings with direct reports to inform of progress, to identify any potential issues and to ensure appropriate systems and actions are put in place and followed to resolve any such issues.
• To manage all plant records on & of site.
• To create an environment that motivates employees ensuring they are fully aware of what is expected of them.
• To organise & recruit labour & subcontractors on identified sites.
• To programme and plan all identified works.
• Set all contracts up with targets for site based team prior to starting.
• Develop new & existing business.
• To carry out any other works as requested.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.