Continuous Improvement Specialist
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3470JE
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 14th Jan 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis.
The business is on a journey of continuous improvement and we are looking to hire a Continuous Improvement Specialist to help drive and assist with the implementation and ongoing development of High-Performance Teams through the company. The Specialist will also participate in continuous improvement projects throughout the manufacturing facility.
This is a broad role; the successful candidate will be involved in a wide variety of activities, and improvements throughout the plant including process improvements, problem solving activities, training, management systems and other projects across the business.
As Continuous Improvement Specialist you will help build CI capabilities and mindset across all operational areas by promoting and instilling a passion for continuous improvement in our daily operation. Along with developing a high-performance team culture. This will involve identifying training needs as well as developing standard operating procedures and CI processes.
This role will report into the Continuous Improvement Manager as well as work very closely with other colleagues, such as Supervisors, Managers and High-Performance Teams.
• Leading and working closely with the High-performance team and guides to implement and develop excising and future teams.
• Co-ordinate the development of the high-performance team process. Review and recommend changes as necessary to meet Plant Objectives.
• Ensure that high performance team concepts are understood and used at all levels of the plant. (Training)
• Investigation, action execution and project management on a range of factory and office improvement projects.
• Deputising for the Continuous Improvement Manager when required.
• Compliance with ISO9001:2015 and all applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
• Engineering background ONC or above
• Proven experience within a manufacturing/production environment.
• A good track record of delivering factory improvements.
• An ability to lead and communicate with employees in all functions within the company.
• Confident working to deadlines.
• Familiar with continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma or TPM
• Able to work with managers & supervisors to develop full site training calendars, including support for individual employee’s development and apprentice training needs.
• Participate in full site succession planning, identification of skills gaps and support site leadership in identifying and realising high potential employees.
• Identify, purchase and schedule training courses, lead development of training materials and work with site trainers to review their completion and effectiveness.
• English & Maths A level or equivalent
• Computer literate, advanced level Excel
• Problem solving skills – 8D, NCM, SPS
• Working knowledge of 5s
• Experience in training team members to a high standard
• Ability to manage and motivate staff
• Lean Practitioner / Green Belt preferred but not essential
This is a great opportunity to join an established and growing business, where you can be responsible for implementing and creating changes to make a difference to all teams' understanding the importance of quality and process within the Plant.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.