Continuous Improvement Specialist
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3444SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Dec 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis.
As Continuous Improvement Specialist you will be responsible for the development of the High Performing Team culture. This will involve identifying training needs as well as developing standard operating procedures and Continuous Improvement processes, also assist in building Continuous Improvement capabilities and mind-set across all areas by promoting and instilling a passion for continuous improvement in our daily operation.
This is a multi-functional role, and the successful candidate will find themselves involved in a wide variety of Lean production activities, and improvements throughout the plant including process improvements, problem solving activities, training, JCMS management System and other projects across the business. This role will Reporting into the Continuous Improvement Manager as well as work very closely with other colleagues, such as supervisors, Managers, HPT principles and star guides.
As a Lead Practitioner / Green Belt, you will be used to applying statistical process control techniques. You will also have knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma or TPM. An effective coach, you will also possess excellent communication and influencing skills. You would need to work independently along with working as part of a team. You will be customer focused, highly organised and good at resolving problems too.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the High-performance team and guides to implement and the development of excising and future teams.
• Co-ordinate the development of the high-performance team process. Ensure that high performance team concepts are understood and used at all levels of the plant. Review and recommend changes as necessary to meet Plant Objectives.
• Compliance with ISO9001:2015 and all applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
• Investigation, action execution and project management on a range of factory and office improvement projects
• Deputising for the Continuous Improvement Manager when required for holidays.
In order for your application to be considered you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications.
• You will also have knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma or TPM)
• Proven experience within a manufacturing/production environment. You will need to be able to demonstrate a good track record of delivering factory improvements.
• Thrive in a factory environment with an ability to lead and communicate with employees in all functions within the company.
• Be confident working under pressure and to deadlines.
• Familiar with production improvement techniques.
• Problem solving skills – 8D, NCM
• Working knowledge of 5’s
• Experience in training team members to a high standard
• Ability to manage and motivate staff
• Bachelor's (required) or equivalent
• English & Maths A level or equivalent
• Computer literate, advanced level in Excel
• Lead Practitioner / Green Belt, or equivalent skill knowledge.
This is a great opportunity to join an established and growing business, where you can be responsible for implementing and creating changes to make a difference to all teams' understanding the importance of quality and process within the Plant.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.