- Location: North Norfolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3227AW
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 20th May 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Coldstore Supervisor to join their team on a full time, permanent basis, based in North Norfolk.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting into the Warehouse and Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the supervision of the Coldstore, the team within and the maintenance of an accurate product inventory. You will be required to ensure the day to day Inbound, Outbound, and Internal product movement is meticulously planned and co-ordinated. The work will involve both an element of manual recording, computer inputting and system paperwork generation.
• Picking raw materials and servicing the factory of its raw materials, against the Work Orders request in the plan and on time.
• Collection of finished products from the factory back to the dispatch store, and raw materials from production back to the Coldstore.
• Ensuring the smooth running of Coldstore; registering and storing finished product in from production, picking customer orders and labelling pallets for dispatch with the appropriate paperwork, loading vehicles and dispatch-ing orders, complete accurate stock taking, and cycle counting required and issuing paperwork to the transport drivers to accompany orders.
• You will be expected to have an up-to-date forklift truck counterbalance and reach truck driving licence.
• There may be on occasions that you will be required to work within other areas of the Warehouse and Logistics departments to support the operation of the business.
• Ensure full food safety compliance of CCPs, ensuring your teams are sufficiently trained in work processes and they are completed to the standard and quality required in meeting our customers specification and that proce-dures are adhered to, and ensure Good Manufacturing Practice is being applied.
• Ensure the Critical Control Points identified in the Company’s HACCP plan are properly monitored and recorded.
• Monitor hygiene in the Coldstore area during you shift and resolve or report any issues found, ensuring your teams follow the Company Hygiene code and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene while at work, focus-sing on driving product quality in the business.
• Lead and manage the Coldstore Team and you will be expected to be hands-on and will have Team Leaders and Operatives reporting into you.
• Take ownership for the shift plan in the Coldstore and the smooth running of its day-to-day activities by ensuring adequate resource is allocated.
• Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of the Warehouse and Logistics Manager to deputise when required.
• Use initiative in solving problems relating to the Coldstore.
• Manage your teams effectively to maximise efficiency.
• Liaise with Warehouse and Logistics Manager and Operations Director for colleague training plans to ensure cur-rent and future skill requirement is met. Plan training with Training Coordinator.
• Ensure all new starters complete inductions, relevant training and completion of probation meeting and docu-mentation.
• Ensure all relevant training is completed for each colleague adhering to production procedures, working practices and Company policy.
• Liaise with HR regarding holiday entitlements/holiday planning.
• The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
• General education to include Maths and English A-C (GCSE or equivalent), A Level or equivalent (Desirable).
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Stores or Warehousing, Supervisor Training and IOSH (Managing Safely) (Desirable).
• Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role, 5 years in a supervisory role with Lean Manufacturing Principles would be desirable.
• Computer literate, Excel and MS Office Proficient.
• Understanding of practical application of HR processes and people management skills.
• Planning, organising and problem-solving skills.
• Clear and concise communication at all levels and interpersonal skills including the ability to evaluate and re-spond appropriately.
• Leading, motivating, building a winning team and ability to develop others.
• Numeracy skills including basic data analysis and interpretation.
• Attention to detail.
• Implementing change.
• Takes ownership of role, can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.