CNC Machine Shop / Production Team Leader
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3043PG
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 05th May 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a CNC Machine Shop / Production Team Leader to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis. Machining Team Leader is responsible for running production through CNC & Manual Machine Shop, according to site regulations and procedures including EHS and quality. Responsible for managing production capacity and resources. Continuously improving production flow performance by personnel development planning, training and job rotation to meet factory targets.
Team Leader Key Accountabilities
• Ascertaining trouble-free flow throughout the production line
• Personnel planning in cooperation with the Production-Manager and Planning Department
• Planning and carrying out job rotation
• Personnel planning and deployment scheduling in cooperation with the Production Manager (holiday, temporary workers, overtime work)
• Support, mentor and supervise team members
• Complete bi-annual Job Chat Reviews for all permanent direct reports
• Makes certain that factory regulations are observed
• Ensures all safety checks of machinery and equipment are completed and recorded
• Front line maintenance is implemented and recorded
• Responsible for a continuous improvement culture and driving 5S throughout the section
• Arranges discussions for the staff of the production area on a regular basis
• Makes certain, in cooperation with the Production Manager, that all obligations concerning industrial law are followed
• Training of staff according to training plans and skills matrices
• Monitors quality
• Participates in Team Leader meetings, gathers relevant information and presents to Site Leaders and other team members
• Responsible that safety regulations are observed in their section and proactively identifies risks and implements solutions
• In addition to the above-mentioned tasks, other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined.
• EHS: Follow all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training, follow required emergency prevention and operational controls and report all accidents, occupational illnesses, near misses and emergencies
• Quality: Apply, execute and maintain function related quality issues and report on defects or potential escapes
CNC / Manual Machining
• Experience setting and operating Mazak / Mazatrol, Cininatti / Acrmatic, Alpha Harrison / Fanuc & Hurco
• Precision engineering experience
• Apprentice trained or ONC, HNC, HND, in Manufacturing Engineering, CNC Machining or similar
• Ability to read complex technical /engineering drawings with a good understanding of tolerances
• Knowledge of machine shop practices/precision engineering (turning, milling, grinding)
• Experience using AutoCAD
• > 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing position
• Preferred experience in a supervision position
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.