CNC Field Service Engineer
- Location: Field Based (from home) throughout UK
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2940JE
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 08th Jan 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a CNC Field Service Engineer to work field-based (from home) throughout the UK.
Our client specialises in the repair, servicing and maintenance of CNC machines.
As a CNC Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for installations, relocations, service, repairs, modifications and breakdowns of wide-ranging CNC equipment at customer sites around the UK.
This position assumes a key role by being the front line assisting and supporting our customers at all stages including start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing problems, as well as responding to unscheduled breakdowns. The role will involve working on a variety of machine types and configurations in a wide range of manufacturing environments. The desired person must be willing to travel, be able to work under pressure and have a strong work ethic. (Due to the nature of our service and breakdown support business, anti-social hours i.e. weekend or night-time working may be necessary (by prior agreement only) from time to time).
• Responding to service calls around the UK
• Install and commission, service, repair and test a wide variety of CNC equipment
• Electrical and mechanical fault finding and repair
• Diagnose and repair machine breakdowns
• Assist, advise and support customers with technical issues
• Report directly to the Engineering Manager
• Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
• Install and commission, repair and test a wide variety of CNC equipment
• Accurately documents all maintenance and service work, and submit paperwork in a timely basis
• Identify, specify, install, necessary spare parts and return surplus items
• Ensures that all tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
• Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required
• May participate in customer site surveys and site meetings
• Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
• Travel within the UK, overtime and additional work hours may be required
• Ensures that any company vehicle used is properly maintained and serviced
• Comply with and ensure compliance with Company and customer health, safety and environmental requirements and policies
• Other duties as required
• Experience of CNC machine tool service or maintenance
• Electrical/electronic and/or mechanical skills
• Conversant in a variety of CNC control systems and machine types
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to travel
• Motivated to work on industry leading equipment
• Must possess a strong safety mindset
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience directly involved in the field repair of CNC mechanical and / or electrical and electronic systems and equipment
• Must have strong customer service skills and have the ability to interact confidently with customers
• Be able to provide training on equipment and products to his or her peers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer operating skills including Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word
• Clean driving license
• Willingness to work additional hours and the flexibility to work overtime as and when required
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• 17th Edition wiring regulations (2014)
• Good interpersonal skills
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.