Business Development Manager - Renewables
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3459JE
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Jan 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager, specialising in Renewables. This is a full time, permanent vacancy based in Great Yarmouth.
This pioneering role will involve significant travel, meeting/presenting to Customers, building relationships, gathering intelligence and developing strategies to ultimately be influencing buying decisions and break ground in a global marketplace to achieve rapid adoption and growth of our unique ECG™ condition monitoring services in offshore wind.
The successful candidate will engage heavily with the commercial team in support of bid preparation, setting and communicating marketing pricing and subsequent drive/support of the commercial negotiation. Further, the role will input and influence future strategic direction of our technology and new product development based on Customer and market feedback.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
• Maintain appropriate processes to identify market potential and identify prospects and leads for growth in sales revenue and turn these leads into firm enquiries and eventually orders.
• Ensure opportunity pipeline coverage is adequate to meet the revenue goals of the business as a result of conversion.
• Define tactical technical and commercial go forward plans and forward strategies with the Business Development Director – Renewables.
• Define areas in the market to build niche solutions, actively target and seek new projects and opportunities out of the standard offering
• Assist in generating, maintaining and delivering the sales and marketing strategy, plans and budgets in accordance with the overall Strategy and Renewables strategy.
• Establish and maintain relationships with development, engineering, operations and procurement staff employed by developers, operators, EPCI companies and consultants.
• Develop and grow market share by targeting key projects or clients. Defining the project decision makers, influencer and detractors, thus converting opportunities into Orders.
• Contribute to the preparation and compilation of the technical and commercial content of documents relating to Pre-qualifications, quotation and tenders in readiness for timely submission in an accurate and professional manner.
• Compile Customer visit reports and business development reports on a regular basis.
• Stand-in Line management activities for the renewables Business Stream, whilst Business Development Director – Renewables is not in the office.
• Maintain CRM system in line with Company requirements, providing a true reflection of the business acquisition status and opportunity horizon.
• Ensure that the industry as a whole is aware of Company’s renewables capabilities and aligning the business with clients/projects requirements.
• Monitor and report on competitors and operator activity.
• Represent the business as necessary at client meetings, technical seminars, etc., and contribute to various sales events, exhibitions, proportions and literature as required.
• Develop new business, sectors, geography and markets aiming to develop and improve the Company as a global company.
• Participate in client meetings to support tender, contract and controls opportunities.
• Focal point for membership of industrial bodies/committees for information and networking opportunities.
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by head of sales within the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manor to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
• Apply Company, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
• Technical or Business Degree or previous experience in a similar technical, operations or sales role.
• Enthusiastic, energetic and confident individual.
• Proven track record of relevant professional experience in offshore wind.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attitude, with an ability to convey technical information in clear and simple terms.
• Ability to develop, maintain and communicate strategic sales growth plans.
• Ability to articulate complex value propositions effectively.
• Customer Relationship Management.
• Excellent communications skills at all levels, both oral and written, with the ability to generate and deliver presentations to Company and client personnel.
• Self-motivation and an ability to work autonomously, efficiently and rigorously including the ability to manage own time and workload effectively.
• Ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Flexible with working hours as working outside normal hours of business will be required and is part of the role.
• Keyboard/computer skills with the ability to use all Microsoft Office Products.
• Work unsupervised, take responsibility for effectiveness of own work and relate to staff at all levels.
• Respond effectively to demands of a high and varied workload and changing job priorities.
• Will be an enthusiastic, flexible self starter.
• Strong communication skills.
• Able to support and interface with people at all levels.
• Confidential, sincere, honest with integrity.
• Approachable, resourceful with drive/motivation and assertive.
• Effective team player.
• Experience in subsea cables system products.
• Experience with distributed sensing systems.
• Excellent connections with local existing and potential clients.
• Demonstrable track record of achievement in renewables sector.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.