Assistant Maintenance Engineering Manager
- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3670JE
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Jun 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Assistant Maintenance Engineering Manager to join their team on a full time permanent basis, based in Eye, Suffolk.
The successful candidate will support the creation and manage the delivery of improvement plans impacting key areas including Safety, Quality and Cost, support the on time and within budget delivery of the site preventative maintenance plan and key operational improvement plans. The successful candidate will also support the ongoing development of the team.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
To assist the Maintenance Engineering Manager in leading the site maintenance function, on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
Manage projects that support the Company’s aim of achieving a Carbon Neutral operation position.
Support the delivery of the PPM schedule and the timely delivery of ad hoc repair and improvement work.
To support an improvement in site operational effectiveness.
Support the creation and delivery of improvement plans impacting key areas including Safety, Quality and Cost.
To take responsibility for the on time and within budget, delivery of improvement projects, covering all aspects from the creation of a project brief to the completion and handover to the appropriate department / function.
Strategy and Development:
To contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
To contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on project and maintenance activities.
General and Task Management:
To support the effective delegation of maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift.
To challenge and further develop the Company’s Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensuring its full and effective delivery through the team.
To help manage the team to ensure machine availability, through the scheduling of both proactive and reactive work.
To help ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions where required.
To support the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment.
To manage the routine maintenance and scheduled testing of fire detection and warning systems.
To play a lead role in Fire Coordination for the site including involvement with appropriate external legislative bodies and the creation and delivery of training to on-site personnel.
To perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
To identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to fully deliver projects, including the engagement and management of external resources.
To help develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility. Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
To conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department across site.
To manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements and ensure that the function operates in accordance with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
To manage, coach and develop a high performing maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
To help set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
Financial and Budget Control.
To support the achievement of site maintenance budgets
To support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures.
To anticipate and overcome obstacles and have a bias for action.
Self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude.
To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good administrative skills and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Ability to work using your initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
• Open style and a team player.
• Excellent leadership and man management skills.
• Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members to achieve excellence.
• Excellent organisational and follow-up skills.
• Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
• Extensive plant level experience with significant proven man management experience.
• Minimum 5 years in a Maintenance Leadership role.
• Experience in delivering improvement projects.
• Completed a fully indentured engineering apprenticeship.
• Good understanding and practical use of lean tools. Mechanical/Electrical City & Guilds or equivalent National Vocational Qualification.
• A level education as a minimum.
• Ideally NEBOSH or IOSH qualified.
• An excellent level of computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Office products.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to lead by example.
• Evidence of the ability to “make a difference”.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.