Assistant Hire Controller
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2915EM
- Sector: Oil and Gas
- Vacancy First Advertised: 22nd Nov 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Assistant Hire Controller to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis. This role is to assist with the control of equipment rental and personnel charges and sales orders through internal database system.
• Allocate equipment to hire projects in Insphire database system.
• Process equipment hires and off hires and ensure charges are entered into Insphire database system correctly.
• Request and track purchase orders from clients with regards to new and ongoing rentals and sales and maintain tracking documents.
• Follow up with clients for purchase order approvals and amendments.
• Update equipment operational and standby charges as and where necessary.
• Update hire suspensions as and where necessary for shipping periods and periods of inactivity.
• Participate in invoice reviews and liase with finance team to ensure that charges are invoiced correctly.
• Process equipment depot transfers
• Liaise with workshop & logisitics team with regards to deliveries and collections.
• Liaise with sales team to ensure equipment rental trigger points are understood and processed correctly within the internal database system.
• Liaise with Credit Control Team with regards to POs for collectable invoices.
• Create and allocate x-hire items and raise back to back purchase orders to suppliers.
• Provide cover for the Hire Controller
• GCSE English, Maths & Science Grades A-C.
• Experience within an operations environment and familiar with working in the oil industry or similar plant hire company.
• Competent is all aspects of Microsoft Office, high level of computer literacy, good knowledge of English Grammar, good interpersonal skills.
• Strong extravert character
• Exceptional communication skills
• Phenomenal organisation Skills
• Comfortable dealing with customers in confrontational scenarios
• Flexible approach combined with attention to detail and a hands-on work ethic, being comfortable using new systems and confident in picking up new processes
• Team player who is willing to learn and develop within the role and on new assignments as they arise
• A level qualifications or other higher education certificate.
• Previously held hire controller position within a plant hire company or a similar organisation.
• Experience with CRM and business management softwares
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.