- Location: Malton
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3639SH
- Sector: Buyer
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th May 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting an Assistant Buyer to join their team based in Malton on a full time, permanent basis.
The Assistant Buyer role is responsible for the procurement of raw materials, machined and fabricated materials, components, capital equipment and indirect goods & services that contribute to the overall spend for the Malton site and to assist with the compilation of Lifetime Quality Record (LTQR) packs.
• Sourcing goods & services for the Malton site
• Sourcing new suppliers when necessary
• Management of invoice disputes for price or no PO related reasons
• Communication of contracts / framework agreements to projects and production teams on site
• Raising Purchase Orders and associated paperwork, and expediting PO’s where necessary
• Foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to continually improve the quality of service delivered by the wider procurement team for the site
• Producing / requesting regular reports to key stakeholders
• Assisting with compiling LTQR Packs (scanning, filing, chasing missing documents)
• Ensure a general understanding of other areas of the business and wider group capabilities
• Working with the wider Procurement team to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
• Ensure compliance with company Procurement policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with company SHEQ policies and procedures
• Undertake any other general administration duties of a reasonable nature as required
• Experience in procuring raw materials, components, indirect goods & services (desired)
• Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, and enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making
• Team player with a natural ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
• Good Microsoft and ERP system skills
• Excellent written & verbal communications using personal effectiveness to get desired results
• A customer focused approach with good administrative experience
• Ability to work under own initiative and adapt to changing situations
• CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS (preferred but not essential)
• UK driving licence (preferred but not essential)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.