- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3329SO
- Sector: Purchasing / Procurement
- Vacancy First Advertised: 03rd Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Assistant Buyer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth, on a full time permanent basis.
This role will be to procure goods and services required by the Company to the required specification, quality level, at a competitive price, delivered in a timely manner.
Key Accountabilities: (includes, but not limited to the following)
• Responsible for prompt ordering of low value purchases, commercially and/or technically low risk supplier relationships, typically repeatable, commodity product and services (direct and indirect).
• Responsible for buying against pre-defined MSAs which specify supplier, part and price.
• Source and evaluate low value competitive bids, based on Engineering or generic specifications received, from qualified suppliers that meet the specification, quality, budgetary and schedule requirements.
• Negotiate and place Purchase Orders, ensuring schedule reporting and delivery promises are maintained by suppliers with information communicated to the project/product team and other stakeholders.
• Support the administrative requirements of the procurement team, taking direction from Buyer(s).
• Expedite orders in accordance with Purchase Order requirements.
• Work with business units to communicate and improve delivery wherever possible and updating the appropriate ERP system accordingly.
• Process supplier non-conformances, in conjunction with QA and QC, to ensure that the correct actions are taken to close them out in a timely manner.
• Assist end user departments with price enquiries for obtaining goods/services quotes from suppliers.
• Assist the Accounts Payable department with the resolution of invoice queries and discrepancies.
• Contribute to the achievement of Departmental and Company KPI’s/objectives.
• Computer literate - strong working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to work well with cross-functional teams and departments.
• Must show ability in time management and prioritisation to achieve the requirements of the role.
• Ability to identify and solve problems, manage multiple priorities and multi-task.
• Excellent commercial skills with a real passion for driving success
• Ability to multi-task and work happily in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Positive, ‘can do’ approach
• Able to work as part of a team and hands-on approach
• GCSE or equivalent Math and English.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and with experience of MRP/ERP systems. (Preferred)
• Commercial interest – Spend and savings knowledge. (Preferred)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.