Acoustic Development Engineer
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3654SH
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 20th May 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting for an Acoustic Development Engineer to join their team on a full time permanent basis based in Great Yarmouth.
This role would be perfect for an engineer with a specialism in marine mitigation equipment eager to undertake technical oversight of our internally developed acoustic and mitigation systems, as well as provide support with our general geophysical equipment systems.
What will you do?
• Develop and repair acoustic and mitigation equipment.
• Improve and develop procedures in relations to deployment.
• Market and publish advances/developments.
• Continuous development of current marine acoustic equipment.
• Advise on the capabilities of PAMS with regards to country specific legislation regarding marine acoustic mitigation measures during seismic and other marine activities.
• Provide technical training for acoustic equipment users.
• Advise maintenance of all mitigation equipment.
• Support of general geophysical equipment as required
• Be familiar with electrical fault findings, PCB's repair, component level fault finding
• Comply with and promote company QA and HSE procedures.
You will be a proactive and conscientious individual who must possess excellent technical knowledge of acoustic hardware and software packages, together with experience of acoustic field projects and data analysis, including the use of PAMS, CPODs or any other underwater noise monitoring equipment.
You will ideally be educated to Bachelors degree level in a relevant discipline, an acoustics related academic qualification would be advantageous.. You will have a high level of computer literacy including Microsoft packages: experience of project planning tools and AutoCAD would be advantageous. Due to the nature of our industry and role, you must be able to attain an ENG1 medical and relevant offshore certificates.
Good flexible working options are available.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.