Accounts Payable Clerk
- Location: Doxford
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Part Time
- Length of Employment: Fixed Term
- Reference: PS3185SO
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 31st Mar 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team based in Doxford on a 6 month fixed term contract. This role will be working from home 21 hours per week.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable team leader, the Accounts Payable role exists to process high volume purchase invoices and credit notes. This will include performing supplier statement reconciliations and query resolution across the various company entities. The role holder will also help drive a consistent end to end accounts payable process in the UK and look for areas where processes can be standardized and simplified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• High volume purchase invoice and credit note processing.
• Reconciliation of supplier statements daily with priority on departmental targets of top 25 / top 200 suppliers.
• Provide a reliable, accurate and timely service in response to all supplier and invoice enquiries.
• Deliver outstanding levels of customer service for all operating companies and suppliers.
• Proactively reduce the quantity of price and quantity variances, query and investigate any variances with purchasing, stores and suppliers.
• Return to vendor any invoices omitting purchase order…under NO PO NO PAY policy.
• Deliver the correct application of general ledger codes, price matching and quantity details to purchase order / supporting documentation.
• Input to the month end close process in line with the agreed company timetable and ensure that the trade creditor balances are accurately stated.
• Highlight areas of financial risk within the trade creditor balance to management on a timely basis.
• General administrative tasks.
• Support wider team during month end process.
• Responding to Ad hoc queries from management.
• Flexible to potentially cover other areas of the accounts payable process if required.
• Significant experience of accounts payable in a similar role.
• Accurately and timely data processing with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication.
• Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as good working knowledge of Outlook and Word.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.