Accounts Assistant / Accounting Trainee
- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2855SO
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 03rd Oct 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Accounts Assistant/Accounting Trainee to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
This post offers an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate with the relevant skills and experience to enhance and develop their career further within an internationally-strong manufacturing company. The right applicant will join a successful team who are focused on developing the business for future success.
This role requires someone with a proven record of personal development and an appetite for learning. The successful candidate will exhibit good communication skills, a willingness to learn and develop and the aptitude to develop with the role. To provide basic accounting and administrative support to the department whilst at the same time engaging in a training programme to develop the individual skills required to enable additional support to be provided as required.
This role will utilise the Company’s core values of teamwork, customer service and commercial responsibility.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To assist in the Payroll production including the collation of timecards, absence record maintenance, payroll reporting where required and the delivery of payslips across the business.
• To support the accounts payable function, including the checking and processing of supplier invoices, credit cards statements and expenses as required. Working with the Procurement team to ensure Purchase Orders are processed and receipted correctly to enable payment terms to be observed.
• To assist in the production of the month end accounts and reports for the Company and its departments.
• To support the sales ledger function, including the processing of invoices, management of the sales ledger accounts and supporting the recovery of outstanding debts.
• To support the treasury function, including the posting receipts or payments and the preparation of daily bank reconciliations.
• To provide general administrative support, including the distribution of departmental mail, filing of information and records as required and answering the telephone to external callers.
• To provide the required support for the annual audit and tax computations.
• To participate in team meetings and personal development plans as agreed with your Line Manager.
• The Health & Safety of yourself and your work colleagues.
• To provide suitable absence cover for the various accounts functions as appropriate and commensurate with current skill set.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
• Ability and willingness to be flexible in order to learn and develop in the role as it evolves.
• Ability to work using own initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail.
• To understand that the role has a number of core administrative functions which must be met in order to allow time for development.
• Demonstrates self-motivation and organisation.
• Proven experience in a similar role or one which supports the requirement for development and flexibility.
• AAT level 1 or above.
• Computer skills including MS Office E-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• Comfortable interacting with personnel across the Company at all levels.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.