2nd Line Engineer
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3379JE
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 22nd Sep 2021
Are you a talented and enthusiastic IT professional seeking an exciting new opportunity?
We are currently looking for a 2nd Line Engineer to join our energetic and progressive team. If you are looking for your next challenge then this is a superb opportunity to develop your career with a well-established, forward-thinking business.
As a Gold accredited partner of Microsoft and WatchGuard and HP partner, we offer the chance to significantly increase your skill set and work with industry-leading tools on a daily-basis. You will be tasked with supporting SME customers throughout East Anglia.
This role is based either in Great Yarmouth or Norwich.
Purpose of Position:
Responding to support escalations and 2nd line remediation (including being the primary onsite presence)
Assist in the delivery of projects in a professional, structured, and communicative manner and to agreed timescales.
Microsoft 365 stack, Firewalls, LAN/WAN improvements, and VPNs. Please note, this is not an exhaustive list
Providing technical assistance and a high level of customer focused support
Providing mentoring and support to other members of the technical team on applicable technologies
Interact and influence key stakeholders to take a position that is in alignment with the company’s offer and values
Typical Work Activities:
• In this exciting and varied role, you will deliver excellent customer service and produce solutions to a wide range of IT problems, as part of a structured team.
• Working with a portfolio of around 300 customers you will install and administer servers, computers, mobile devices, software and networks, and maintain them to a high level of operational service.
• Additionally, you will have input into the research and implementation of emerging technologies, to help ensure that we retain our market-leading status.
• We have two modern offices, one in Norwich and the other in Great Yarmouth and we offer flexible working practices as appropriate.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to “think on your feet” and problem-solve with a pragmatic and methodical approach
• Experience in an IT support role, predominantly consisting of implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting Windows operating systems and networks
• A track record of carrying out Network installs and computers to a high standard
• The ability to self-manage structured projects, ensuring an implementation aligned with the company’s values and best practices
• A “can-do” attitude, the willingness to go the extra mile and strong communication skills
• A full driving license and acceptable driving record
• Experience of working for a service provider or within a managed service environment
• CompTIA A+, N+ or S+ certifications or Microsoft certification such as an MCP (or equivalent)
• Experience and knowledge of UTM firewalls, infrastructure wireless and network routing
• Experience of administering virtualization technologies e.g., VMware, Hyper-V
• Experience of backup technologies and methodologies
• Experience in administration of VoIP technologies
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.