- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2760EM
- Sector: Industrial
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Jul 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Yard Operative to join their team on a full time, permanent basis, based in Lowestoft.
This role will include maintaining warehouse and yard areas, driving company vehicles and running company errands on a company required basis
• Ensure that the warehouse and yard areas are clean, tidy and organised at all times, while working within the departments COSHH guidelines and ensuring that all relevant Health and Safety requirements are adhered to.
• Driving company vehicles to make deliveries/collections to and from suppliers, job sites, customers and other parts of the Company, ensuring that chosen routes are the most fuel and time efficient
• Loading and unloading deliveries (with and without forklift truck) whilst correctly and accurately accounting for items
• Make sure that all goods or materials that are to be despatched are appropriately packaged/secured to minimise risk of damage whilst in transit (both with company transport and external couriers)
• Running company related errands as required
• Assist with ensuring that company vehicles are kept clean and maintained in a road worthy condition, alerting Mechanical Supervisor of any concerns or issues
• Operation of forklift trucks internally and externally in a safe and proficient manner (training can be provided)
• Operation of overhead gantry cranes in a safe and proficient manner (training can be provided)
• Support stores functions and warehouse operations as required
• Remain flexible within your work environment with regard to working in other areas of the business that fit within your skill sets, and as requested by your line Manager
• Ensure that companywide policies and procedures are adhered to wherever and whenever appropriate.
• Have a flexible attitude to attendance, both in line with the requirements of the role, and any specific requirements of the Purchasing and Certification Manager
• To work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and are pro-active in promoting a positive image for the Company.
• 2 years’ experience in a comparable role
• Must have held a full UK driving licence for at least 3 years
• Forklift truck experience would be desirable
• Experience of working in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
• Previous logistics experience
• Previous responsibility for transportation of company goods and materials
• Strong organisational skills
• Be self-motivated, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team, thrive in a challenging environment, be approachable and have a flexible attitude
• Excellent aptitude towards Health & Safety
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.