- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Contract
- Reference: PS2815SO
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 28th Aug 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Warehouse Technician to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a fixed term contract.
The role is responsible for the loading/unloading of vehicles, movement of materials between warehouses & production departments, and recording these activities on GMP/inventory control documentation systems.
This role reports to the Warehouse Supervisor for daily activities.
The fixed term contract would be to end December 2019 and would then be renewed Jan 2020 for 12 months subject to satisfactory performance.
• Work efficiently and effectively to work schedules based on production plans and outstanding order reports.
• Ensure safe loading/unloading vehicles operating mechanical equipment e.g. forklift trucks, hand pallet pump trucks (training for which can be provided).
• Ensure starting materials, components, cleaning materials and consumable parts are safely transferred to warehouse and entries made onto inventory system (IFS) on a timely basis.
• Ensure the safe movement of starting materials, components, cleaning materials and consumable between warehouse and production/manufacturing departments.
• Maintain mezzanine storage area for parts/consumables.
• Ensure good housekeeping and GMP standards in warehouse areas.
• Take active part in daily production meetings on the factory floor.
• Maintain a safe working environment by working safely, particularly when driving forklift trucks. And follow all Health & Safety procedures.
You would ideally have the following attributes and/or experience:
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Have experience of working in a busy warehouse and operating mechanical equipment including forklift trucks.
• Self-motivated with a proactive ‘can do’ approach.
• Good numerical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience of working within a regulated manufacturing/production environment (e.g. pharmaceutical, food production environment) and associated documentation.
• Be a competent computer user.
• Be punctual and hardworking.
• It is a shift position but will require the successful candidate to workdays while training (the length of training will be dependent on existing skills and experience). Mon – Thurs 8am - 4.30pm Fri 8am - 3.30pm
• Shifts Earlies: Mon – Thurs 6am - 2pm Fri 6am – 1pm / Lates: Mon – Thurs 1.45pm – 10pm Fri 12.45pm - 6.45pm (30 mins Lunch)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.