- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS1942JG
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Sep 2017
Here at P&S Personnel Services, we are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients based in Great Yarmouth who are currently seeking a Warehouse Manager to join their team to manage the supply, transport and distribution of equipment, materials and goods used and produced.
Activities include materials control and planning; managing supplier relationships; logistics and supply-chain management; purchasing; and inventory control. Ensures all products and services are procured on time with right quality at most competitive value.
Receives, stores, and distributes finished goods distribution centre. Fulfils customer orders, ships and delivers merchandise to customer warehouse, wholesale or retail outlets. Uses computerized systems to monitor stock levels for the specific distribution centre. Manages a staff of Distribution managers, supervisors and material handlers. Ensures that machinery and other automation equipment are in proper functioning order. Operates distribution tracking systems to ensure proper material and product flow within the distribution centre/warehouse. Responsible for the compliance of reverse logistics operational processes. Coordinates in-bound and out-bound logistics flows of products, which includes reverse logistics, repairs and services.
Directly supervises skilled workers and support employees and/or subordinate supervisors (grade 7M). Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Assignments are task or activity oriented.
· Supervises support employees and may supervise professionals and/or junior supervisors
· Manages multiple department activities by reviewing operational reports from previous shift and daily schedules; allocates resources; resolves operational problems
· Coaches and mentors multiple teams of employees. Provide guidance in administering performance evaluations for recommending promotions, wage increases, associate development and terminations. Trains new workers in the organization's operating procedures and standards.
· Drives and improve customer satisfaction by identifying and resolving customer service and supply chain issues; implements corrective actions and metrics.
· Prepares various reports and forms such as shipping discrepancy reports, accident reports, purchase invoices, shift inspection reports, absence reports, repair orders and requisitions for replacement equipment. Review and monitor the achievement of operational goals and standards
· Identifies systems, equipment, processes that will improve warehouse efficiencies, quality, costs and safety.
· Manages daily activities of multiple departments to ensure service standards and goals are met; oversee processing of orders, returns, and customer inquiries and complaints; monitor departmental activity and generates required reporting.
If this is a position that you are interested in and have relevant experience for, then please apply online ensuring that your CV is up to date with your current position.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to John@pspersonnelltd.co.uk for early consideration.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.