Warehouse & Distribution Manager
- Location: Beccles
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2618EM
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th Apr 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Warehouse and Distribution Manager to join their team based in Beccles.
• Health and Safety – Working practices, permits to work and risk assessments are maintained in line with company policy, including drivers and their vehicles follow the correct site H&S protocols.
• Manage safe HGV traffic movement around the site.
• Ensure your team Maintain good 6’s standards and safe working environment at all times.
• Team Development and People Management.
• Ensure that all warehouse personnel are fully trained to deliver their objectives safely and professionally.
• Transport efficiencies – in line with Budget or improved.
• Work closely with the current incumbent transport provider to ensure any issues with transport are resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Work with our procurement team for transport tenders.
• Work with our procurement team for forklift tenders.
• Resource efficiency – in line with budget or improved.
• Maintain FIFO within the warehouse.
• Establish a process to ensure cycle counting is extremely accurate and a frequency of weekly counts of finished product and records are kept accordingly detailing any adjustments that have been made.
• Monthly recommendations of stock write off report.
• Monthly report of stock of Quality hold or returned good awaiting actions.
• Deliver KPI’s FIFO, MOTIF/DOTIF warehousing capacity.
• Provide monthly RM & FG stock including top 20 customer stock holdings, MOTIF/DOTIF, Transport performance including opportunities gained on transport savings for the business
• Provide monthly stock, Transport performance reports
• Support Customer services with stock queries and logistics activities.
• Work closely with other members of the core team to ensure a smooth daily operation.
• Supervise receipt of all stock. Raw materials, packaging or bought in components.
• Fully investigate delivery errors– raising appropriate NPR, investigate and close out with preventative actions.
• Work closely to build positive relationships with other business area Managers, likewise your team will be supporting key production needs with also being engaged with relevant Managers aimed at developing team relationships across site.
• Production priorities including efficiency Managing the replenishment of factory Kanban areas.
• 3-5 years Warehouse / Distribution experience.
• Strong and positive communicator
• Management / senior supervisor level and experience of a fast-moving warehousing and transport environment.
• Personnel management experience may be an advantage. (Or training / development for the right candidate will be available)
• Team Player
• Proven industry experience.
• Forklift Licence.
• HGV class one licence (Desirable)
• Microsoft Office Suite. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Microsoft AX / Navision (Desirable)
• Warehouse Management systems knowledge
Working hours are 8:30am-17:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am-16:30pm Friday.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.