Technical Support Analyst
- Location: Harrogate
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2559SO
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 01st Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Technical Support Analyst (24/7) to join their team based in Harrogate.
Our client are looking for a bright, enthusiastic Technical Support Analyst to join our 2nd Line Technical Support team based in Harrogate. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a good all round technical understanding along with the enthusiasm for learning.
The Technical Support Team are responsible for logging and resolving all customer phone calls and emails out of hours. During office hours this task will be under taken by the Service Desk.
The Technical Support Analyst will be required to keep the Customer aware of the status of the call as it progresses and contact the Customer to ensure they are happy for the call to be closed once it has been resolved.
Key responsibilities in this are Technical Support, Supplier Management, Monitoring and Customer Communication. Duties will include, but are not restricted to the following:
• Working as part of a large team of technical engineers, liaising with colleagues from all areas of the business to provide high quality technical support to our customer base.
• Monitoring and managing faults through to resolution on a range of technologies including (but not limited to):
• Broadband technologies - ADSL / FTTC
• Cisco Networking - Routers / Switches / Firewalls
• Wireless technologies - Aruba / Meraki / 3G
• VoIP telephony solutions – Polycom / Cisco
• Device / Environmental monitoring platforms
• Virtualisation and Storage technologies
• Application and Server technologies - AD / Exchange / Citrix
• Data Centre environments
• Adherence to ISO09001 and ISO27001 certification standards: - Compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Handling and protection of Company information
• Reporting of security events
• Implementing appropriate policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be a bright and enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to achieving great results.
To be considered for this role you must have completed or be able to demonstrate understanding of any of the following certifications:
• Cisco CCNA
• Microsoft MCITP / MCSE
• VMware VCA / VCP
• TIL Foundation (awareness essential)
Hours of Work
The Company’s standard hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm with 1 for lunch. However, due to the nature of the role, you will be working a shift rotation pattern accordingly: Day shift X 2 (7.00 am to 7.00 pm), Night shift X 2 (7.00 pm to 7.00 am) and a subsequent 4 day rest period.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.