- Location: Beccles
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2677NB
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 09th May 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Technical Operative to join their team based in Beccles.
• To work as a member of a team to achieve agreed standards and targets.
• To inspect and pack bottles to quality specification, operate ancillary mechanical devices as necessary and to identify bottle faults taking the appropriate action.
• To palletise, label and record finished product and to transport finished product to warehouse.
• To collect and recycle scrap material effectively.
• Responsible for minor machines adjustments and clearing faults on the line; loading of filter paper; and assisting technicians where appropriately trained.
• To work with the Team Leader to achieve the Team plans: e.g. Cleaning / Hygiene; Improvement Plans; Training Plans; Labour Plans.
• Responsible for the movement of boxes/trays of finished product within the factory area and ensuring documentation and records are correct.
• Responsible for good housekeeping and organisation in the production area, working to the 6 S’s system, to ensure that it meets the standard required for the housekeeping / Safety Audits.
• Responsible for working safely, using safety equipment/clothing provided and obeying Company rules and for carrying out daily safety checks and reporting problems.
• To participate fully with company training and development plans as required to enhance competence.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Eye for detail
• Good knowledge quality assurance
• Production knowledge
• 6s Housekeeping understanding and knowledge
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• Prepared to gain Level 1 Plastics Processing
• Educated to GCSE Grade C level (preferred)
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• Good Computer skills
• Knowledge of manufacturing industry
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.