- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2326SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 08th Aug 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Supervisor to join factory based in Eye, Suffolk.
Reporting to the Operations / Logistics Support Manager you will be responsible for multiple areas of the business, you will need to be a strong individual who isn’t shy about being hands-on but can also delegate to individuals, having a keen eye for detail will be required due to the amount of processes and procedures we operate. Depending on what area you will be required to supervise you should have a good understanding and best practises regarding warehousing, ideally you will have experience in the following.
- Goods-in (receipt and put away)
- Picking orders with HHT and manually.
- Packing orders.
- Goods out.
- FLT experience (VNA, Counterbalance, Flexi/Bendi, Reach, PPT)
- Ability to learn new IT systems.
Working together the Warehouse team will ensure that all stock is in the right place at the right time by managing all aspects of handling stock within goods-in, bulk storage, fulfilment and despatch areas. Due regard for Health and Safety is to be maintained at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate team
- Ambition and energy
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Working knowledge of fulfilment operations
- Ability to learn in-house systems (full training will be given).
- Responsive to the rapidly changing nature of the business
- Ability to multi task in a highly pressurised environment, feeding back urgent operational issues through the management structure.
- FLT experience.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Conduct tasks as presented, to ensure that product is transferred in a timely manner to meet business objectives.
- Immediately highlight any stock discrepancies or damages, investigating as appropriate.
- Ensure all business processes are completed in a timely and organised manner.
- Ensure that Out of Stock (OOS) lines are given priority liaising with colleagues in Goods In and Stock Control to resolve without impacting Client.
- Coordinate with other Supervisor / Colleagues to achieve efficient flow of product through the warehouse, highlighting recurring issues, contributing to and agreeing action plan to resolve.
- Monitor effectiveness of the Company and Agency Colleagues highlighting concerns and agreeing action plan to resolve.
- Highlight any issues affecting your ability to undertake your daily duties to your line manager.
- Oversee other areas of Warehouse as required.
- Complete staff reviews, this could include follow up procedures for low performance and agreeing a plan to develop the person/s to the acceptable level.
Your Team and Your Department:
- Gain and maintain a strong understanding of the procedures and systems used by your team, and be able to provide an overview, challenge and critique.
- Analyse and document colleague requirements to ensure the department remains efficient and ahead of the game.
- Ensure smooth communications between the department and your line manager and vice versa.
- Ensure all colleagues joining the department receive as much direction and assistance as required to welcome them onto the team.
- Ensure any issues relating to the welfare of your fellow colleagues within the department are communicated to your line manager in a timely manner.
- Achieve Daily / Weekly targets working with Colleagues to use Warehouse resources effectively.
- Any proposed period of personal absence to your line manager within one hour of the start of your shift.
- Received damaged or incorrect products against delivery requirements.
- Provide support and back-up to all other teams within the business.
- Support inter-departmental communication between your department and the rest of the company.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.