- Location: Harrietsham, Maidstone
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2411SB
- Sector: Construction
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Oct 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Structural Technician to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
We are looking for someone to join the team of experienced technicians investigating all types of structure; from concrete and brick to steel framed and post-tensioned structures. The teams are experts in on-site data acquisition and utilise a wide range of techniques, including:
• Defect and delamination surveys of reinforced concrete structures.
• Extraction of test cores.
• Concrete deterioration testing such as half-cell potential, cover meter surveys, depth of carbonation, resistivity, etc.
• Reinforcement surveys such as scanning by Hilti Ferroscan, GPR and breakout exposures.
• Inspection and sampling of masonry.
• Inspection and sampling of steel.
• Bridge bearing surveys and inspection.
• Tensile load (pull-out) testing.
• Ultrasonic testing.
• Repairs to intrusive works.
• Assisting with pavement investigations (trailer mounted coring, FWD, DCP, etc).
• Some cross over with geotechnical works.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A head for heights, much of the works require working at height by scaffold or MEWP; therefore, IPAF and PASMA training would be beneficial but can be arranged.
• Good in confined spaces, they often work in confined spaces such as service tunnels and culverts; previous confined space training would be beneficial but can be arranged.
• Computer literacy, you will be expected to produce reports.
• Basic numeracy and literacy.
• Driving licence
• CSCS card
• First aid and AutoCAD experience would be an advantage.
Flexibility will be required as you may be required to work nights, occasional weekends and it is common to lodge away for periods of time nationwide.
This position offers a competitive salary with overtime. You would also be provided with a company vehicle.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.