Site Operative / Delivery Driver
- Location: Wrotham
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2099SB
- Sector: Agriculture
- Vacancy First Advertised: 30th Jan 2018
P+S are pleased to be recruiting for a Site Operative / Delivery Driver to join our clients team, who are agricultural specialists, based in Wrotham. The successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out duties in chemical stores and delivering products to customers.
· Pick orders in Crop protection store
· Operate forklift to load/unload deliveries in the correct manner
· Put deliveries away in correct area of stores
· General site maintenance
· Communicate with storekeeper and manager regarding stock movements
· Deliver products to customers
· Take responsibility for vehicle and goods carried
· Plan efficient routes to deliver product within agreed timescales
· Be a good representative of Company at all times
· Follow customers site rules
· Always treat customers with respect
· Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely fashion
· Check and sign delivery paperwork
· Ensure any vehicle driven has had the relevant daily checks carried out and signed appropriately
· Any permits that are needed by contractors are presented
Health and Safety
· Follow all HAS rules and guidelines
· Driver appropriately for conditions at all times
· Ensure all deliveries abide by the terms of ADR regulations
· Ensure that the Company health and safety objectives for the site are met
· Report deficiencies in safe systems of work, procedures, controls, work practices etc to the Line Manager
· Report and assist in the investigation of accidents and near misses as required
· Class C LGV licence.
· Current Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence.
· ADR Licence for package goods.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work co-operatively with others and independently without supervision
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
· A flexible approach to working hours specifically in peak periods
· Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work towards deadlines
· Ability to communicate with impact at every level
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills
· Good time management skills
· Good written communication skills
Attitudes and Values:
· Focused on using skills, training and experience to the benefit of the customer.
· Working to put the customer at the heart of everything we do
· Focused on doing the right thing for customers, colleagues and ourselves
· Self-motivated and tenacious
· Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities
· An effective team player
· Solution focused
· Promote equality and diversity through your attitude and behaviour
· Flexible attitude to working week and hours
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date. Alternatively, please email your CV directly to Selina@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.