Service & Repair Engineer
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2721NB
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 19th Jun 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Service & Repair Engineer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
Candidate is required to have the ability to work alone, on and off site and within a team, with office and supervisor support available if required.
Role to include some potential for weekend, out of hours and call out provision on a rota.
Based on 45 hours a week, attendance allowance paid. Competitive salary. Immediate start!
Fault diagnosis skills and rectification works to include
• Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components.
• 12v / 24v Electrical / electronic systems.
• Mechanical manual and electrical common rail diesel engine and generators.
• Preventative and reactive maintenance to vessel systems.
Including but not limited to inboard, out board and outdrives engines and associated components, jet and hybrid drive systems.
The candidate will need basic PC skills, the role would suit a methodical person able to think on their feet, with willingness to learn and expand.
Potential installation of stern gear and drive train and general engineering and electrical components.
Inboard, out board and outdrives engines and components
Preferable but not essential
• Basic knowledge of boats.
• Engineering qualifications or time served experience.
• Powerboat level 2 (vessel handling).
• VHF Radio licence.
• Welding experience.
• Experience with lathe and milling machines.
• The ability to read, understand and follow technical drawings and manuals.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.